Cowichan River

Try again. It's 1.97

It's coming down nicely. We'll have to see what the projected rainfall is for the upcoming week. If it continues to drop as it has it will be perfect for next weekend.

chart.jpg

You're obviously right. The site I check says different. I always just type in bc river levels and go to cow river but I guess thats not reliable.

Rumour has it many changes from the last flood with logs scattered around possibly making the section from Stoltz to Sandy very tricky.

Make sure you put some feet on the ground and have a good look before flipping the old boat in the river.

quote:Originally posted by fishtime

You're obviously right. The site I check says different. I always just type in bc river levels and go to cow river but I guess thats not reliable.
You might have been checking the lake meter or the upper Cow meter..... they are both higher right now;)

Yes that would have done it.

Also zone in on the graphs by comparing to only a day before. It will show you much more detail

Anyone that wants to catch a wild steelie right now, go to the spring pool and dead drift an egg pattern (peach).same thing at that little island pretty much the next pool down. If you don't tie buy that really heavy sink tip and use about a 3 ft leader.

anyone go down the cowie this week end? Report? This week is going to be go I think

Oh and the locks at Sandy and Stolz have been changed again due to teenagers leaving garbage and cutting the locks. This happened Monday, when I arrived at 6am, the party was still happening. Beer cans everywhere, fires going, and garbege thrown throughout the park. They left before I could get any plate numbers unfortunately.

i was on the Cowichan this morning lots of trucks parked all allong the river tried but no steel...any hook ups?

ITS OUR PASSION TO FISH AND GET OUT OF DOORS...PLEASE...FISH LEGAL OR GET OFF THE RIVER!

There is a killer log jam at the bible camp.
When I say killer I don`t mean cool, I mean it will kill you.
Drifting the river yesterday I came up to it and saw the deadlyest log jam i have ever seen in all my years.
When you aproach it you will see the river start to boil heavyer and then you will see the water crashing onto the jam and splashing skyward. The white spray is thick and about 30 foot accross. Look close and you will see logs and stumps going all directions in there.

To get around it, app. 30m up stream on the south side of the river
there is a opening cut between the logs which is very noticable, pull into it then you will have to drag your boat 5m over a gravel bar, and then you can go behind the jam.

After that I don`t know of any other major jams.

Gord

quote:Originally posted by steeliehead

Oh and the locks at Sandy and Stolz have been changed again due to teenagers leaving garbage and cutting the locks. This happened Monday, when I arrived at 6am, the party was still happening. Beer cans everywhere, fires going, and garbege thrown throughout the park. They left before I could get any plate numbers unfortunately.

MURR!

big steel, big pimpin

Hooked a couple yesterday,couldn't land them. The water is lower and more clear. The bible Camp log Jam is scouring the bottom. causing the water downstream to be colored. Don't know for how far tho.

Back