Cowichan River

nothing major, few low spots , we only drifted from stoltz to sandy pools, we hadn't heard if that log was gone further down, were you fishing yesterday reel addiction?

We hit all the usual spots just drove and hiked went looking for logs going to drift this weekend
good luck and tight lines

Walked in below Sandy pool on Friday Jan 1. The large cottonwood is still across the whole river at the picnic ground area making the river impassable to boats.

I would say the picnic ground is about a mile or so below Sandy pool.

The access points for boats at the Sandy pool and Vimy are also more difficult than they used to be.

was thinkin of going for a ride down tomorrow, Any news about any trees still down? Where if poss?

Hey Hyde good to hear from ya!! Drop me a line and we'll hook up! Probably gonna do a few drifts this week. Guess I'll have to cut that log outta there too:D

Went stoltz to sandy some nice browns 3-5 pounds and some small one no steelhead walked down with my saw what a tree that thing is massive, some old guys said they would recommend going over but i guess they just want that stretch to themselves because they went and so did two other looks like a accident waiting to happen, i wont go over but atleast next time i know where to stop with my saw!!:)

Are you saying you are going to cut the log out? I am sure many boaters will thank you for that risky endeavor.

Anyone seen any chrome in the cowie?
Went to Duncan today high water cleared some trees from s pool, you are welcome clear run, pullout is 100 feet past the old pull out at the trailer park because of giant trees on the beach

Drove into duncan yesterday the river is very high when I went by there was a tree with a big root stuck on the bridge, trees logs and lots of debris coming down it even the koksilah was very high would imagine it will be a while yet.

Wolf

Is this BC CONSEVATION in action furnished by Mother Nature,,,,maybe its a sign for all of us to ,,,,maybe appreciate what we have and quit f-cking with her, cause you know you cant win an arguement with a women......[:p]

ITS OUR PASSION TO FISH AND GET OUT OF DOORS...PLEASE...FISH LEGAL OR GET OFF THE RIVER!

Originally posted by HOOTEY

Is this BC CONSEVATION in action furnished by Mother Nature,,,,maybe its a sign for all of us to ,,,,maybe appreciate what we have and quit f-cking with her, cause you know you cant win an arguement with a women......[:p]

Am I missing something here? I dont get it.

Back