Cowichan River

F!@#k'n source better not be Luna or Bananas.;)

LOL

Either of you guys get out after all?

I didn't.

If your on that flow enough and know where they are holding it is possible guys. I've seen it first hand. I for one just didn't realize they would be that stacked this season with the lowish numbers and all. With all the historic holding sites becoming flushed out I can see if a guy has found a new lie then yes you will find them there. In big numbers

There's been good #"s off steel up and down the coast this year. Hasn't been the year of the Big Boys but the #'s are sure there. Thirty's a big day on the Cowwy! Not impossible out of a boat and with a little jam;)

Pass the Pack

Can't take it when someone does better than you csc. it did happen it's not a joke.It's guys like you that make the freshwater section hard to take.i'm not some troll that puts stuff here to get you going.
This guy puts more days on that flow than anyone.Believe or don't i don't realy care.

quote:Originally posted by bananas

Can't take it when someone does better than you csc. it did happen it's not a joke.It's guys like you that make the freshwater section hard to take.i'm not some troll that puts stuff here to get you going.
This guy puts more days on that flow than anyone.Believe or don't i don't realy care.

If you didnt care you wouldnt reply.;) Im sure your fishing god buddy does well, but 30 fish would be a miracle in this day and age on the cowie. He might have had 30 hits but theres no way he landed 30 fish. Also, after you make posts like this the gong show will be in full force.

That's a fish landed every 20 minutes if he fished from sunrise to sunset and didn't stop to eat or relieve himself. I know it is possible, because I have had days like this on a certain Skeena trib in the fall when the days are even shorter. Never thought it could be done on the Cowie, but I'll definitely take your word for it.

Funny, I seem to remember a similar debate when I had estimated the number of boats drifting the Cowie on the weekend and no one believed me. Everyone called BS and then the following weekend it happened LOL ;)

I say congratulations to whoever this lucky man was, this has to be one of the banner days of all time.

I know of another feller with a day on like that.... was around 30 with 9 hatches... This was about 2 weeks ago on a boat.
This year has seemed good, if your on your on if not your steelheadin.

When someone says hooked 30 steelhead that doesn't always mean 30 steelhead landed. The story is much more believable if 30 steelies were hooked, to have landed all 30 that he hooked would mean he probably lost ATLEAST 10-15 more. Now were talking 40-45 witch would be really gettin up there:D

Pass the Pack

gOOD ONYA WHOEVER IS CATCHING STEEL,,,,SHOW US THE SNAPS......[^]

OOOOPS THERES THOSE DAMN CAPS AGAIN,,,,,AND NO I AM NOT YELLING,,,,,,,,,,,[:p]

ITS OUR PASSION TO FISH AND GET OUT OF DOORS...PLEASE...FISH LEGAL OR GET OFF THE RIVER!

Ok, guys, fished all morning at the Hatchery used blades,jigs,stone flies etc....even resorted to spin gear....zip,butkiss,zilch **** all.......[xx(]

ITS OUR PASSION TO FISH AND GET OUT OF DOORS...PLEASE...FISH LEGAL OR GET OFF THE RIVER!

quote:Originally posted by bananas

porcupine has it rite weds one guy did extreamly good,heard maybe 30fish day then the next nothin.

A 30 fish day to me means 30 fish landed. I'm not slamming you Bananas I just think your freind might have exaggerated a little on a killer day of fishing. Like BL said, he would have had to fish sun up till sun down and hook a fish every 20 minutes to get those numbers. I personally have only seen those numbers in the upper river on the stamp in oct/nov and even there its rare for the best fishermen. No matter what the actual numbers were I'm sure it was an awsome day and its good to hear theres some around.

Me Luna and Bags loaded up the rig this weekend and headed to our favorite march stream and tied into 23 fish before dark. amazing what a little drive will get you. if you want more info you can email me at nunyabiz@whydoesanyonegiveash#$t.com

Man this place is turning into facebook.

If Bananas said it was 30, I would belive him more than anybody else on here. He was there for the most epic log jam day where I seen 40 plus fish hooked in one day.[:0]

quote:Originally posted by HOOTEY

Ok, guys, fished all morning at the Hatchery used blades,jigs,stone flies etc....even resorted to spin gear....zip,butkiss,zilch **** all.......[xx(]

Spent an hour down there tonight too Hootey, zip zero nada for us. Wish I had some chunk though as it was not my first choice down there at the last minute tonight. Started out up top around 330pm and left to early for where I thought the grass would be greener at a very well known cowie spot but there was a truck there at 530pm and 2 trucks at all the spots around it. Naturally there were no boats at Sandy to deal with at that time of day. Bankies everywhere, strange, lol! Wonder why...F
Done for the year or until May for SVI Summs,lol. Time to hit the chuck for a while.
Good luck where ever boys!!

Oh It's Possible, and only "30"[:p], we know anything is posible eh mama!!!!;)

Back