Cool New Trolling Lures

Dave S

Got some new lures for xmas from my old man. He works with the guy who makes them out in Port Coquitlam. They are pretty interesting lures. Similar to an apex BUT, they are tunable and the patterns are not on the outside of the lure, so no peeling. To "tune" them, you put them in some hot water for a few minutes, shape them to desired curve, twist, etc then dip in cold water to set the shape. Have yet to try them, but the idea seems cool.
18-2.jpg

Some videos on their website.
http://www.seafourlures.com/

Funny, I just saw these on WFN the other day, you can get quite the curve in that tail and make a real nice roll and dive
should work good me thinks

Looks interesting. I have never heard of them before. Great website. How long have they been around?

I got one given to me last spring...I have not tried it yet. I'll give it a shot this season. It might make for some good content on my site www.makingtackle.com Maybe I'll do some howto segments.

DHA.

Wouldn't these be fairly similiar to the Perfect Rollers, depending on the bend you put into them?

@Slabby20

I would say that they are rigged similarly, and could be tuned to have the same roll. The Perfect Roller only come in one size and is made out of plastic also. The perfect Roller retails for about $5.99 or onsale for $3.99.

DHA.

I have had two of the 6" in my tackle box since May. My buddy brought them from Kelowna wen he came out for a Hali trip.I just pulled them out . I see the price tag on them is 13.69 each.
Something Else interesting is that they are both new in the package yet they are bent way differently from each-other. I will add a pic of the two of them wen I get a chance. They are also pre rigged with a kinda smallish hook in my opinion.

Here are the pics.Notice the dif in the bend from one to the other

DSC02370.jpg

DSC02374.jpg

DSC02372.jpg

Looks to me like they took a different set from just sitting around.

IIRC the idea is that you're supposed to let them sit in hot water and give them your own custom bend.

Nikka in Steveston Village has a large display of them it's an appealing looking lure.

Those were bought in the Interior-prices are high for saltwater gear up there.

Having lived there in K town for years I would agree my buddy likely payed a few bucks more up there than we would hear. I am going to give them a spin this summer wen the fish are on bigger bait.

I wonder if a thermos of hot water would be hot enough. Pretty sure it will take a few tweaks to get the action right.

Having lived there in K town for years I would agree my buddy likely payed a few bucks more up there than we would hear. I am going to give them a spin this summer wen the fish are on bigger bait.

I wonder if a thermos of hot water would be hot enough. Pretty sure it will take a few tweaks to get the action right.

Have you heard if they met with any success on OK Lake, I'm fishing it Sunday and would like to know where they are sold here.

Have you heard if they met with any success on OK Lake, I'm fishing it Sunday and would like to know where they are sold here.

Not sure what location he picked them up at. May have been Art and Cyndie's) A&C sports ,as I know he goes there. As far as success on ok lake I have not heard . Pretty sure he never tried them.

What part of the lake are you fishing? We used to have great success with the 4.5 black to clear apex and the green spotted Lyman or a bucktale.fished mostly off of westbank or out at Okanagan centre. Sorry to steer of topic of the lures just peeked my interest hearing about my old stomping grounds. Make a post on how you do wen you get back.

Cheers: Ray

In a few of the videos on the website, they use a thermos with hot water to get them soft. When I put them in a bowl of hot tap water, then left for 5 minutes, I was able to tweak very easily.

Back