Commercial fisherman blocking Sportsfisherman at the ramp

Hook, most here would echo Jencourt's sentiments. "[I welcome] Intelligent debate, supported by informed and accurate information."

That would include proper spelling and grammar. Trying to read posts phonetically is painful ... Spell and grammar check are your friends.

As far as Holmes goes, I would suggest that he is on the side of the resource and not an ill-conceived, poorly thought-out and ultimately VERY unfair allocation of a public resource that benefits a very select few.

These are not "your" fish, "our fish", or "any particular person or entity's fish", they are a PUBLIC resource. That is, approx 33 million people "own" it.

Picture this: Mr. JusFerDa Halibut is cruising in Russia's waters this month, down to the US (Alaska) the following month, then into Canadian (BC) waters the month after that.

So, who owns Mr. Halibut then? He is "from" Russian, so is he theirs? He cruised through Alaska, so is he theirs? He ended up in BC, so is he ours?

Give it some thought.

capt hook
the sports fishermens worst enemy , is or are people like Holmes who come onto a open forum read by DFO and say dumb #### about abusing regulations and probably following thru with it.
It hurts us all.
I just hope WHEN you get caught , they will do what they can do and take your TRUCK , BOAT and GEAR and fine you.
Someone shoud reel in this loss canon , he is not helping anyone.

So, who owns Mr. Halibut then? He is "from" Russian, so is he theirs? He cruised through Alaska, so is he theirs? He ended up in BC, so is he ours?

Give it some thought.

actually the free drifting halibut fertilized eggs drift counterclockwise in the pacific. the first land fall they make on this side of the pacific is oregon/washington, so all of those halibut clearly belong to the sport anglers in the US! :)

Halibut belongs to the first hook that catches it and reels it into the boat, until then it is free. LOL.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with Freddy there ,holmes Really seems to think what he says and does is 100% correct and doesnt look at the big picture or what other people are saying. They should just call this the Holmes forum!

I agree with Freddy there ,holmes Really seems to think what he says and does is 100% correct and doesnt look at the big picture or what other people are saying. They should just call this the Holmes forum!

and this coming from a major contributor,, three posts in?

Back