Commander 26 Re Build

I have the old can we used on the hull, Im just gonna get another one but most likely will not add high gloss
I guess you ended up redoing it all anyway. So yours likely isn't the stock off-white

I guess you ended up redoing it all anyway. So yours likely isn't the stock off-white
It’s all done but not finished, some parts are only done at 400 grit, some more, some need to get redone because someone didn’t do a good job.
And I’m not planning to do that myself, I’m going to hire someone to do the entire boat after I’m finish including polish the rub rail, I’m not planning to spray the gel coat myself either but I have seen stranger things.

And you’re always invited to come over,

Here’s a little sneak peak. Pretty happy how it’s coming but won’t know till I pull the board, getting excited and kinda nervous at the same time to see what comes out of this. So far I think I did alright prepping, would rather had less screws holding it in or screw from the other side but given the circumstances I decided to secure it this way. Measured the deck multiple times, even 26.5” on both sides with a 1/4 slant towards the stern. Not done glassing the **** out of the side yet but maybe enough to pull the board tomorrow and check it out, will decide tomorrow morning. IMG_0225.jpegIMG_0224.jpeg

I am beyond confused by the last like 4 pages of this thread but looks great!
See that board I installed, fibreglass does not bond to it. The idea is to glass it from behind then pull the board apart from the fibreglass, leaving a smooth and flush finish with the deck.

Seems easy enough on a flat surface but add the minor curve and angles I’m dealing with and it becomes very difficult.
The gap above the backing is for one massive hatch that will be mounted in there
IMG_0232.jpeg

I’m assuming the cubby is the deck area, and the cuddy is the cabin…
No the locker. The giant hole you're leaving on the side there. Sorry I guess you called it a hatch. Although, a hatch would be what was covering the hole. But I think we're on the same page now.

No the locker. The giant hole you're leaving on the side there. Sorry I guess you called it a hatch. Although, a hatch would be what was covering the hole. But I think we're on the same page now.
I’ve beefed up this entire boat not gonna stop at the cubbies
I think I’m gonna name the boat beef cake

Very nice,you should be happy with that.Still a ways to the finish line,but looks like your on the right track.

How was taking that backing plate off? No issues with sticking? I've seen people use this method before and to their surprise there was some bonding to backer and was a pain in the a** to peel off. Just curious how easy it was for you

How was taking that backing plate off? No issues with sticking? I've seen people use this method before and to their surprise there was some bonding to backer and was a pain in the a** to peel off. Just curious how easy it was for you
Easy
But I noticed it was a lot harder to peel off when I was playing around with this technique on a flat surface.
I’m guessing the curve on the board helped a lot to pop it off effortlessly, after prying the corner up the whole board just popped right off. There was a lot of tension on it.

Back