Coho Derby This Weekend

Sounds like you had a good time in the derby there Last Chance - good stuff. For a lot of other guys it was a bit of a "blow out" (pardon the pun) with the very slow fishing in and around the bay and the Gordon River blowing out on Sunday with all the rain. Gotta hope it is better next year. What I wonder is where were all the big coho (20lb.+)? First time in a long time a 20+lber didn't win the derby. Hopefully they will show up in the next two weeks.

Not sure who won but I heard that 14.9 lbs took it, Lastchance would prob know better. Watched the entire DOCK thing. It was ugly. Those guys were LUCKY no one was hurt or killed. The Gordon had a lot odf force and it was scarey. I didnt even try it as I watched even bigger boats have a bit of trouble with the current right by the mouth opposite the docks. Geetting through to the bay was also interesting to watch as there was some pretty heavy surf coming in! Most people said forget it and headed home. Sounds like the ones who went out did pretty well. Even though that guys boat was filled a bit with water it still took a pretty good hit against the docks. Couldnt believe that one of the docks pulled a boat right out into the bay! Dont think the thing was scratched. But certainly scarey to watch.

first time in a few years a local took it, hopefully by the time i get out there brett might still be celebrating lol

Randy was one of the guys on the dock when it let go , the other one was Bobby Orchin.
Just passing on what was told to me LC by the ones on the float.

AL

I don't know Last Chance, but to me he sounds like a small, narrow minded thinking person, who likes to lol at other peoples misfortunes. My turn will come, am maybe I will sit back and lol, but I doubt it.

quote:Originally posted by Chayla 1

I don't know Last Chance, but to me he sounds like a small, narrow minded thinking person, who likes to lol at other peoples misfortunes. My turn will come, am maybe I will sit back and lol, but I doubt it.

Small ???? [:I]
what a weird post

Hey Merritt boy how did you make out on Saturday? My buddy conked out on me about 4 miles out had to come back in,that's okay though.Thought it would be good farther out,it was.DAN

quote:Originally posted by Chayla 1

I don't know Last Chance, but to me ...
Chayla you are right, You don't know LastChance ! He is well respected here and one of the first to help out with advice and fishing info. Hang around for a while longer you will see.

cheers

Well you can tell fishing is slowing down as the s&*t disturbers are out in full force the guy has his very first post and he is slagging someone Kelly is a great guy and willing to HELP any one and trust me if there was someone in danger at that dock kelly would have helped same as most people!!!including myself.

Chayla your post is definatly not welcome here maybe after 500 posts and after you know some of us you can poke fun at us but be carefull last chance and myself are like sleeping grizzly bears dont poke the bears.

Wolf

Dan, it was great to meet u. We got zip. Now I know how milkshakes feel! lol. We gave up around two with nothing but a shaker. Didnt bother on Sunday as my lack of experience and fear of damaging my boat or myself got the best of me! Bt the way, what is with the Lighthouse and Hotel switching. We ate diner at the Lighthouse on Sat. and found it nice, but why the switch?

Sheeesh , kinda wish I hadn't brought the issue up !
As for the switching around of the Hotel vs the Pub Merrittboy , both units are the same owner and there is some licensing and taxing games being played out , stand by for gory details as Tom Mawson is keeping updated on that arena( Tom has the cabin and small trailer park across from Galluaghers Fish Camp and I worked with him in the mill for years.)

AL

the other rumor i heard on the switch is come next year the hotel will just restaurant style dining, so the kids can come in, and the lighthouse will be the pub, but who know's they change their minds so much

quote:Originally posted by dohboy

the other rumor i heard on the switch is come next year the hotel will just restaurant style dining, so the kids can come in, and the lighthouse will be the pub, but who know's they change their minds so much

I hope they bring back the glory days of the Lighthouse, I missed that place. Quite accommodating too, they made a great Sambuca milkshake..

Back