Chum Flashers

jimbob

I know that chum like a lot of glitter. Are there any particular flashers that work best? Going to give the chum a whirl on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

Last year we did fairly well in the Derby. ( 1st and 3rd, cough, cough)

We ran the same 4 flashers the whole weekend.

One purple haze
One blue
One purple (old)
One white (commercial guy said they used to use white)

What does that mean exactly, I'm not sure, I think it means the colour of the flasher has very little to do with successful chum fishing.

Others more experienced in chum fishing may be able to offer better advice. Blue Orca, Paul, are you out there?????

He's a master in my books.

Still learning!!!!!!!!!!
Just flew in this morning...
Getting caught up on the news and sounds like some fish are coming in finally.
I have used purple haze in a couple different brands.
Also use green plaid alot too depending on the light conditions.
Gear up at either tackle stores in Campbell River or at the Browns Bay Marina. In fact John and Mike at Browns have rigs that they have tied up just for the Chum.

Hope you still have that magic flasher you let me use last year that I brought up proven winner better put that one down paul!!!!!!

Wolf

Can't find the darn thing.............wish I had a couple for the week-end..nudge.nudge.wink. wink.....
Wait...did't you and alexis loose that one in between the coffee pouring?

Nope that was the one we put on AFTER the coffee pouring and on the second day with my fly rod you must be getting old to forget such good things LOL LOL

Wolf

I used to fear short term memory loss....not any more...it's more of a friend now.
Still digging around to see if I can't find it....haven't seen any at the stores this year either...

OH NO thats not good Paul that was a custom made one I left behind for you you wont find it in a store I dont think I have any left so you may be SOL!!!wish I could make it this year will miss the good times for sure!!!!!!!!!Just promise one thing what we discussed last year YOU need to do ok thanks

Not Wolf

Roy

I think any kind of flash as your dummy ones will just about do it.
I've run red ones, green ones, purple and gold ones...

Same too with lures.. I have seen some really weird set-ups the last couple years that I would have not figured would work.
Nogs setup last year as an example was the ticket after the derby but may not work as well this year depending on the run.
Before the derby last year, the Bait Busters in red and glow were working great but only for a couple days, then nothing...

I still like the King Fisher's in purple haze as a go-to flasher, but that being said, it depends on the light conditions..

Nuff said...get out there...and get-r-done....

Back