Chamber Sealers

Found a great way to demonstrate the sealer tonight to a friend of mine. Tossed a fresh hamburger bun in a bag and turn it on. Turned the bun into a crisp wafer. :)

I actually thought it would be a good ideal to vacuum pack some fresh tobacco. Put a pound in and turned it into one big tobacco cake! :)

Already tried it with some dried herbs. Went to about a quater of its size. :)

Apparently in Oregon they grow tons of hops and I understand the growers use these machines to package them.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, I want one to! I looked online at Halfords and they have 1 advertised for $1259.00 CDN. That would include free shipping. Or should I try the States route? How much would I save? What have you guys spent? Thanks in advance.

Dave

Disregard previous post. I decided to scroll back through earlier posts on this thread and found a few prices posted. This gives me an idea on how much I need to spend. Quite honestly I am not really a fan of going the States route.

Disregard previous post. I decided to scroll back through earlier posts on this thread and found a few prices posted. This gives me an idea on how much I need to spend. Quite honestly I am not really a fan of going the States route.
Call and talk nicely to Halfords they will do it for $1200 all in delivered to your do the next business day.

Thanks for that F.A. Not sure when I will pull the trigger and do it, but I too am sick and tired of those foodsavers. I am hoping to do it sooner than later.

Length and more sealing bars so I could package more then one package at a time. Maybe a larger pump to make the process faster.

I did import 5 single chamber vacuum sealers on a one time deal and have 3 left They will take a 16 x 23.5 bag or 2- 7.5 x 22 bags 1 HP motor They are about the same size as a dishwasher and are stainless steel They come with 350 bags 5 mil and some spare parts I just got them last Friday and they are ready to go $1571 all in FOB Sooke Retail is about double
You could pm me with your email address and I could send you more info ( I don't know if I could attach something to a PM)
Doing 2 bags at once sure saves time and you can put the date into the sealing strip

I did import 5 single chamber vacuum sealers on a one time deal and have 3 left They will take a 16 x 23.5 bag or 2- 7.5 x 22 bags 1 HP motor They are about the same size as a dishwasher and are stainless steel They come with 350 bags 5 mil and some spare parts I just got them last Friday and they are ready to go $1571 all in FOB Sooke Retail is about double
You could pm me with your email address and I could send you more info ( I don't know if I could attach something to a PM)
Doing 2 bags at once sure saves time and you can put the date into the sealing strip

That's a good deal. What brand are they?

Most machines from china are rebranded by American Companies, a power cord, reboxed and well written insructions and a new name and with overhead and profit added These machines are made by one of the largest companies Huilian Machinery and seam very English for a chinese company (I contacted quite a few companies before deciding on this one ,some were so brutal )
Unfortunatly these machines take up a lot of real estate and wiegh in at 250 LBs and no french instruction manual
Dave

SO i thought id write a report On Daves units he sold ....(gone fishin) as I got it in AUG and wanted to really use it before I comment.
I think he brought in 15 of these units and sold all of them including the one I purchased . he set it all up for me explained everything a good upfront honest guy.(hes also bringing in spare parts to have on hand if needed) VERY helpful

NOW for the machine.... you can use ANY bag I found out as I was given 10.000 ziplock 5 mil bags that are pleated on the bottom 2 different sizes and they work GREAT ive done so much already Salmon, smoked salmon,Kale,Beans .Peas, even marinated STEAKS, sausages the list goes on id say close to 500 bags worth and this machine hasn't missed a beat.

I personally think what Dave has done and the research he has put into designing and making these units is commendable he really thought things out, but for the price cant go wrong.

Notice on the last pic the crossed lines which is the seal its about 3/8 wide if not more. thing is awesome!!!!!

So to show you what it looks like and how it performed as i didnt have any salmon or sausages LOL so put my makita drill in a bag to show you what it can do . had to laugh if you look at the one pic sucked it in so good it started the drill as it depressed the trigger (notice light on) LOL
so yes id say it does way better that I ever expected. and first pic is of some WHITE spring that was done and froze almost a month ago. its all ready for me to smoke as you can tell.......

I think he may be thinking of bringing some more units in im sure he will comment on it after this,

Notice on last picture of the crossed lines which is the seal its almost a 1/2 inch wide a great seal for a bag thing is a beast and is awesome!!!!! and yes those are the bags i was given im set for life LOL just write whatever is in them I dont care a bag is a bag LOL

Good luck Wolf

Attachments

• DSCN3501.jpg
    DSCN3501.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 375
  • DSCN3496.jpg
    DSCN3496.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 378
  • DSCN3497.jpg
    DSCN3497.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 373
  • DSCN3498.jpg
    DSCN3498.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 376
  • DSCN3499.jpg
    DSCN3499.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 376
  • DSCN3500.jpg
    DSCN3500.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 373
Wolf Thanks for the review I too have run about 500 bags with out an issue and think they are a kick butt machine. I am thinking about ordering 5 more if there is serious interest.I have quite a few user parts as well as some sevice parts as well Lid seals, computers, Teflon strips Filters and much more
I can demo the unit if you are in the area
here is a little info
DZ -400DC Single Chamber Vacuum Packaging Machine
The DZ 400 is a chamber vacuum sealer, which offers two distinct advantages over non-chamber, external bag type units. First, a much higher level of vacuum can be achieved which means a longer shelf life for foods that you package. Secondly, liquids and liquid-rich foods can be effectively vacuum packaged. Food products like fresh meats, fish, soups, stews, etc. are no longer a problem to vacuum package. Marinated vegetables and meats are packaged quickly with ease, and no mess.
Simply place the pouch to be sealed inside the chamber and close the lid. This activates the vacuum pump and the vacuum and sealing process begins! First, the air is removed from the entire chamber and the vacuum pouch. Once the preset vacuum level is achieved, the pouch is sealed. Upon completion of the sealing cycle, the air flows back into the chamber and the lid opens automatically. You can imprint the date right into the sealing strip with the provided silicone letters

DZ-400/DC ACCESSORIES
name unit quantity
Poly volume displacement plate
silicone gel strip(with groove)410*15 Pc 1
silicone gel letter box 1
60/20(B2-0.12)Teflon cloth pc 2
oil(500ml) bottle 1
double sticky tape 2mm pc 1
fuse tube(5×20/5A) pc 1
nickel chromium strip(10×0.13)(12g/m) pc 2
cross screw driver pc 1
oil can 250ml (φ70×120) pc 1

Specifications DZ-400/DC
Voltage (V/Hz) 110/60 AC
Motor Power (W) 750
Sealing Power (W) 400
Ultimate Vacuum Pressure (Kpa) 1
NO. of Sealing Bars for Chamber 1
Sealing Length (mm) 400 (15.74”)
Sealing Width (mm) 10
Chamber Dimensions (L×W×H) (mm) 590×420×210 (23.22”x19.29”x8.27”)
Vacuum Pump Rate (m3/h) 20
Material of Vacuum Chamber and Exterior Stainless Steel
External Dimensions (L×W×H) (mm) 725×490×970
Net Weight (kg) 115
This unit also comes with an assortment of 5 mil bags to include 100- 6.6” x 11.3” ,
100- 8.6” x 12.3” , 100- 7.6” x 22.8 50- 8.6” x 24.3
$1571.00 taxes included FOB Sooke

Klob what thickness are the bags and how much?

Thanks Dave

thx Wolf , great report , im in the market for one
really thinkin bowt this one ,

fd

SO i thought id write a report On Daves units he sold ....(gone fishin) as I got it in AUG and wanted to really use it before I comment.
I think he brought in 15 of these units and sold all of them including the one I purchased . he set it all up for me explained everything a good upfront honest guy.(hes also bringing in spare parts to have on hand if needed) VERY helpful

NOW for the machine.... you can use ANY bag I found out as I was given 10.000 ziplock 5 mil bags that are pleated on the bottom 2 different sizes and they work GREAT ive done so much already Salmon, smoked salmon,Kale,Beans .Peas, even marinated STEAKS, sausages the list goes on id say close to 500 bags worth and this machine hasn't missed a beat.

I personally think what Dave has done and the research he has put into designing and making these units is commendable he really thought things out, but for the price cant go wrong.

Notice on the last pic the crossed lines which is the seal its about 3/8 wide if not more. thing is awesome!!!!!

So to show you what it looks like and how it performed as i didnt have any salmon or sausages LOL so put my makita drill in a bag to show you what it can do . had to laugh if you look at the one pic sucked it in so good it started the drill as it depressed the trigger (notice light on) LOL
so yes id say it does way better that I ever expected. and first pic is of some WHITE spring that was done and froze almost a month ago. its all ready for me to smoke as you can tell.......

I think he may be thinking of bringing some more units in im sure he will comment on it after this,

Notice on last picture of the crossed lines which is the seal its almost a 1/2 inch wide a great seal for a bag thing is a beast and is awesome!!!!! and yes those are the bags i was given im set for life LOL just write whatever is in them I dont care a bag is a bag LOL

Good luck Wolf

Hey Guy's

I have been thinking about taking on a chamber sealer project this winter. I want to build one that is long enough to do an entire fillet, I have been checking online and there are lots of people with instructions on making one. The question I have is about the vacuum pump and the oil it uses. Is it necessary to have a pump which uses food grade oil? or do you think any old pump would work? What kind of oil goes into the professional machines you all bought? My feeling is it doesn't matter as the pump is sucking which shouldn't allow any oil to circulate to the sealing chamber.

I'm still on the jug of oil it came with and I've changed oil twice do far. I'll look and see what it says on the label. Also there are a few filters inside these things too, I'll take a pic or two of the inside.

Hey Guy's

I have been thinking about taking on a chamber sealer project this winter. I want to build one that is long enough to do an entire fillet, I have been checking online and there are lots of people with instructions on making one. The question I have is about the vacuum pump and the oil it uses. Is it necessary to have a pump which uses food grade oil? or do you think any old pump would work? What kind of oil goes into the professional machines you all bought? My feeling is it doesn't matter as the pump is sucking which shouldn't allow any oil to circulate to the sealing chamber.

I don't think any old pump will do Profishers machine has 2 -1 hp motors (40meters cubed/hour) for a 20 inch by 42 inch chamber and the acrylic lid is more than 1 inch thick and uses a special type of mineral oil.

Sculpin posted earlier in this thread a link to a DYI machine

" I'm still on the jug of oil it came with and I've changed oil twice do far. I'll look and see what it says on the label. Also there are a few filters inside these things too, I'll take a pic or two of the inside"

How many bags are you guys doing before you change the oil ? Is the oil discolored or are you losing vacuum ? The machine I am using says to change the oil after 300 hours which would be more than 36,000 bags I thought that maybe changing the oil at 25 hours or 3000 bags would be more like it or once a season Even at 1000 bags per year that is only 8.33 hours at 2 bags a minute But I do know changing the oil is important and so is the filters

I don't think any old pump will do Profishers machine has 2 -1 hp motors (40meters cubed/hour) for a 20 inch by 42 inch chamber and the acrylic lid is more than 1 inch thick and uses a special type of mineral oil.

Sculpin posted earlier in this thread a link to a DYI machine

" I'm still on the jug of oil it came with and I've changed oil twice do far. I'll look and see what it says on the label. Also there are a few filters inside these things too, I'll take a pic or two of the inside"

How many bags are you guys doing before you change the oil ? Is the oil discolored or are you losing vacuum ? The machine I am using says to change the oil after 300 hours which would be more than 36,000 bags I thought that maybe changing the oil at 25 hours or 3000 bags would be more like it or once a season Even at 1000 bags per year that is only 8.33 hours at 2 bags a minute But I do know changing the oil is important and so is the filters

I believe my machine says change the oil every 100 cycles? firelight or FA could chime in. I don't believe it is in hours. Also the oil is discolored and milky when it needs changing. I believe the oil is mineral or food safe. I've changed the oil once. I have a few hundred bags or cycles through the machine.

I lent it to a buddy for a deer he was cutting up and he kept raving about it :).

Back