Chamber Sealers

Ordering a VP215 tomorrow..... Sure hoping I am doing the right thing.

PM me if you want one of my 3 or 4 foodsavers or some of the hundreds of pre made bags I have for them.

Last edited by a moderator:
fish assassin.............the VP215 rules you will be amazed at the increase in quality of the packed product! It is just so much more machine than a food saver!

Wow i watched the video on the vacmaster 215...impressive machine, my question is, Are the food saver brand machines you get from costco really that bad? i would like one of the vacmaster units but it will have to wait till i go back to the patch for a hitch or two because that's how much i paid for my boat...lol :p

Wow i watched the video on the vacmaster 215...impressive machine, my question is, Are the food saver brand machines you get from costco really that bad? i would like one of the vacmaster units but it will have to wait till i go back to the patch for a hitch or two because that's how much i paid for my boat...lol :p
Question to you... Would we be buying the camber sealers if the vac sealers at Costco were so good?

Guess not.. was thinking about one from costco untill i herd you have 3.., did you get your vacmaster unit yet? i like the idea of being able to go to costco and buy a huge tenderloin then cut it into a bunch of steaks too, beisdes the endless fish possibilities, it would be great for steak n chicken. There is a guy here in Nanaimo that makes the best peperoni and beef jerky too. i think that would be ideal for this .

Ok I feel like I have just gone commercial...... This thing is a tank. I got 1000 10X16 4mil bags if someone wants to trade for some other sizes.

Last night and this morning I repackaged everything in my freezer..... :)

How long do you have yours set for? 30 is good but found 35 even better.

Did yours come with some oil in it? Mine was about 1/4 full. Guessing they do this to test the unit.

Ok I feel like I have just gone commercial...... This thing is a tank. I got 1000 10X16 4mil bags if someone wants to trade for some other sizes.

Did yours come with some oil in it? Mine was about 1/4 full. Guessing they do this to test the unit.

I'm up around 30 if I recall. I think there was a little oil in the pump as well. I need to change mine already.

They are tanks ha ha. I'm building a little cart for mine that will fit under a counter. It will have bag storage under the unit itself.

Did you try bagging some water or other liquid? Pretty funny how much stuff you think of trying at the beginning lol.

Just packaged some white spring fillets. I am at 32 on the first setting.

The time has to do with the amount of air that needs to be removed to get the air out and amount of vacuum YOU want.

The only purpose of those white plates is to reduce the amount of air that needs removed from the chamber. The smaller the package means more air needs removed of the chamber and a longer time is needed. I have used up to 50; however, believe that was overkill.

Usually 30 to 35, I just looked and right now mine is set at 37 and was doing two steaks to a package and both white plates in.

I wouldn't swear it had any oil in it at all? Do remember the big red WARNING stating it had no oil in the pump.

BTW... one word of caution. Don't vacuum soup and/or chili, thaw it, and just cutting a corner off the bag and then try to reseal the bag. Tried that twice before realizing that just don't work well. Both times it literally blew the contents out of the bag all over the chamber. Big mess and clean-up.

I'm 30 to 35 for fish, steaks and stuff like that. I've been doing chicken and beef stock and that is less time like 25 with both plates out, you need to set it so it stops just as it starts to boil/bubble, or vapour comes out and starts to mix with the pump oil and you need to change it sooner.

supposed to try strawberries, not sure if I should freeze first like usual or not.

Soooooo, I have decided to pass on my excellent working Weston 2300 and 400 bags to the kids and buy a Vacmaster VP215. NO MORE FREAKIN BS BAGS!
Can someone who recently bought one and was pleased with the process point me in the right direction. I'd like to acquire it before our next trip. Thanks in advance!

SS.

Soooooo, I have decided to pass on my excellent working Weston 2300 and 400 bags to the kids and buy a Vacmaster VP215. NO MORE FREAKIN BS BAGS!
Can someone who recently bought one and was pleased with the process point me in the right direction. I'd like to acquire it before our next trip. Thanks in advance!

SS.
I have one at my house come see it, come give it a go.

SS.

Pm hourston he seemed to get the best price. Bunch of us here seem to like them.

I am still not in love with mine. 1 in 10 bag failure and slower then my 3 Foodsavers. But time will tell. Maybe I need to learn more. Still playing with it.

Well, closed the deal this morning with Halford Hide out of Edmonton. Thanks to FA I dug in my heels until they agreed to $1200.00 plus 5% GST plus FREE SHIPPING VIA GREY HOUND. Wife's gonna love her 35th anniversary present!

SS

Well Puralator showed up this morning with the VP215. I hate to repeat what everyone else has had to say about this unit but WHAT A FREAKIN TANK! A tiny bit of oil was in the machine, I filled it as recommended and off to the races. Very impressive machine, wish I had pulled the trigger on this one a long time ago......A big thanks to Halford Hide for free delivery to the front door.
One question for those who know, mine has a blue face, some are grey, anyone know the difference? Unit was made in China.

SS

Best guy to talk to about sealers is Gary from VacMaster. 913-214-4814. The guy is very helpful and knows everything you will ever need or want to know.

Found a great way to demonstrate the sealer tonight to a friend of mine. Tossed a fresh hamburger bun in a bag and turn it on. Turned the bun into a crisp wafer. :)

Back