Cap Mouth Closure - Port Authority

actually it may have been for indian arm they used quinsam fish, was a while ago so I am not sure which, I am sure they did use the quinsam hatchery for one or the other, lol. think I'll pour another scotch.

Cap fishery has turned into a gong show.

Would be cool if we had BIG Red Chinooks like there were years ago in Howe Sound....or.... Say.... If we did this fishery on the Indian River or something like that.

Too bad we can't get some Skeena or River's Inlet Hogs headed up the Squamish... Lots of a Room in Howe Sound....would be awesome to bring back the old days of Halkett Point, Britannia Beach, Anvil Island etc... Imagine that... Man... That would make for awesome times.
Awesome idea! It would be a huge boost to tourism and the economy.

actually it may have been for indian arm they used quinsam fish, was a while ago so I am not sure which, I am sure they did use the quinsam hatchery for one or the other, lol. think I'll pour another scotch.

Yes you are right it was Quinsam stock that was used at the Cap in the old days. They were nice reds and got to Tyee size pretty regularly way back then.

I am a Caucasian male born in the 60's. My forefathers and I have been fishing the Cap for ceremonial and food sources since the 70's. I will not allow big business, increased tankers and cruise ships to take away the right for me and my family to fish the sacred fishing grounds we have been fishing for over fifty years. I have learned over the years by watching my friends, the native Indians, that you need to group together and take a stand and fight for your rights. The rights you have enjoyed should not be allowed to be "enforced" by drawing lines on a map and being dictated to you by a liberal business first agenda government. I personally will continue to fish the sacred grounds and would encourage anybody with a down rigger and some balls (literally and figuratively) to take a stand and send a message I was born here. I have rights. I have a right to fish. Three emails sent and two rods baited!

I am a Caucasian male born in the 60's. My forefathers and I have been fishing the Cap for ceremonial and food sources since the 70's. I will not allow big business, increased tankers and cruise ships to take away the right for me and my family to fish the sacred fishing grounds we have been fishing for over fifty years. I have learned over the years by watching my friends, the native Indians, that you need to group together and take a stand and fight for your rights. The rights you have enjoyed should not be allowed to be "enforced" by drawing lines on a map and being dictated to you by a liberal business first agenda government. I personally will continue to fish the sacred grounds and would encourage anybody with a down rigger and some balls (literally and figuratively) to take a stand and send a message I was born here. I have rights. I have a right to fish. Three emails sent and two rods baited!
your Caucasian so how do you fish for ceremonial purposes?

There was a collision yesterday at the Cap. One boat headed east turned to troll West and something went on at the back of the boat so the person moved to deal with his gear. Another boat headed East was also not keeping watch and at the back of his boat dealing with his gear or a fish. The boats broadsided eachother and the Westbound boat lost their rod (with an Islander) and the entire Downrigger was ripped from the boat. Free downrigger and rod and feel to anyone who snags them....this is classic.

Keep in mind, I say this with all due respect....

I couldn't disagree more. Having 'rights' is not the same as being self righteous and having a sense of 'entitlement'. You have the 'right' to fish within the confines of the rules set forth, where the government tells you to or not to, when to, how much to keep, size restrictions, etc. Do you feel entitled to make your own rules there too? Keep what you want when you want because it is your right?

I highly doubt this is a political ploy and an attempt to dampen sport fishing. It's about safety and logistics. What happens to a container ship leaving port that has a collision with a mindless, self entitled fisherman not paying attention (like you are required to by law)? If the recreational boater is lucky, he survives with a drowned boat. Or, more likely, it results in a fatality. Now for the shipping company, how many millions of dollars are they going to lose because the ship now needs to be anchored while the incident is investigated? All because you feel that you have the right to fish there?

Sooooooo, I post this with all due respect and truly hope not to offend any of the thin skinned.

Point #1.
Any boat and/or crew that falls victim to a ship in the SHIPPING LANES should only be dealt with by Darwin and Poseidon. There should be absolutely no wasted time or finances 'investigating' why or how idiots on the water can't seem to get the idea 'size matters' through their thick heads. They are a danger to the flow of goods, their own as well as ships' crew's and the general public's safety.

You don't see small prey animals standing in the way of large predators in the wild do you? Hmm, I wonder why?

Ooh ooh ooh, I know! It's because they will get killed and eaten! The entire animal kingdom understands this, but humans can't seem to get it. And we protect them from it.............Sad!

If you can't get this through your empty, self-entitled head, you deserve to decorate the bulbous bow section or ocean bottom with yer dumb butt. Either way, at least you would be doing something good for the world, by feeding the crabs and in turn, allowing somebody more deserving to utilize the oxygen that you are stealing from humanity.

Point #2

Just for curiosity's sake, and to play Devil's Advocate: Just because a human being is not native/first nation/aboriginal/indian or whatever PC name some media beaureaucrat comes up with this week, then to serve a (and let's be very clear about method, because it really does matter) SPORT CAUGHT salmon at a wedding/funeral/birthday/graduation or any other number of gatherings which are generally steeped in some form of tradition are not ceremonial?!?!?!

Sure sounds like what has been, over and over, from multiple 'ethnic minorities' denounced as racism.

Keep in mind, I say this with all due respect....

I couldn't disagree more. Having 'rights' is not the same as being self righteous and having a sense of 'entitlement'. You have the 'right' to fish within the confines of the rules set forth, where the government tells you to or not to, when to, how much to keep, size restrictions, etc. Do you feel entitled to make your own rules there too? Keep what you want when you want because it is your right?

I highly doubt this is a political ploy and an attempt to dampen sport fishing. It's about safety and logistics. What happens to a container ship leaving port that has a collision with a mindless, self entitled fisherman not paying attention (like you are required to by law)? If the recreational boater is lucky, he survives with a drowned boat. Or, more likely, it results in a fatality. Now for the shipping company, how many millions of dollars are they going to lose because the ship now needs to be anchored while the incident is investigated? All because you feel that you have the right to fish there?

With all due respect, lets not sugar coat this with a safety issue blanket. They are supposedly closing the ambleside boat launch. Doesn't this create a "safety issue" for someone in say a 14' boat who can no longer access this area safely? I will say it before you do. It creates a hazard for the multitudes of people walking in that area. When we drive our car a bad mistake in judgement can result in a fatality. Do we stop all cars driving because of the potential for an accident? If someone is stupid enough to be in front of a cruise ship or freighter and they get hit that is there fault. I am glad you got to the real agenda here. The MONEY the poor shipping company and the business that need those ships running will lose. Bingo! When you people no longer have a place to fish because the waters are too polluted or you are no longer "allowed" to fish, look in the mirror and you can tell yourself I am a good citizen. I trust the government to look out for my best interest. I am not entitled, I have rights when I am told I have rights. Prior to 1997 I could go and catch lingcod and rock cod locally. For nineteen years and the foreseeable future no has been or will be able to legally catch rock cod or lingcod locally. When your boats get in the way of their money they will find a reason like safety issues to shut down your fishing. Right now you guys have the big boats, the money and ability to travel to get fish but the day will come when this will affect YOU and we will see who keeps toeing the line.

There was a collision yesterday at the Cap. One boat headed east turned to troll West and something went on at the back of the boat so the person moved to deal with his gear. Another boat headed East was also not keeping watch and at the back of his boat dealing with his gear or a fish. The boats broadsided eachother and the Westbound boat lost their rod (with an Islander) and the entire Downrigger was ripped from the boat. Free downrigger and rod and feel to anyone who snags them....this is classic.

Priceless, too bad I missed that one. I'm guessing these guys fished the south arm today and had switched to obstructing the freighters there today.

Seems only the stupid are breeding

With all due respect, lets not sugar coat this with a safety issue blanket. They are supposedly closing the ambleside boat launch. Doesn't this create a "safety issue" for someone in say a 14' boat who can no longer access this area safely? I will say it before you do. It creates a hazard for the multitudes of people walking in that area. When we drive our car a bad mistake in judgement can result in a fatality. Do we stop all cars driving because of the potential for an accident? If someone is stupid enough to be in front of a cruise ship or freighter and they get hit that is there fault. I am glad you got to the real agenda here. The MONEY the poor shipping company and the business that need those ships running will lose. Bingo! When you people no longer have a place to fish because the waters are too polluted or you are no longer "allowed" to fish, look in the mirror and you can tell yourself I am a good citizen. I trust the government to look out for my best interest. I am not entitled, I have rights when I am told I have rights. Prior to 1997 I could go and catch lingcod and rock cod locally. For nineteen years and the foreseeable future no has been or will be able to legally catch rock cod or lingcod locally. When your boats get in the way of their money they will find a reason like safety issues to shut down your fishing. Right now you guys have the big boats, the money and ability to travel to get fish but the day will come when this will affect YOU and we will see who keeps toeing the line.

Oh....F**k me.

Right now.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    252.7 KB · Views: 66
Right now you guys have the big boats, the money and ability to travel to get fish but the day will come when this will affect YOU and we will see who keeps toeing the line.

It must be causing a mass amount of disruption to your Caucasian ceremonial fishing with shopping carts. :confused:

Back