Canucks 2021 Season

I've heard from a few people that Miller is going through a divorce and it's probably bugging him. I think he has gotten better the last couple games though. Keep in mind that last year was his best year. This year he is playing like he normally plays in the rest of his NHL career...
Wow, I hadn’t heard that one

Tough loss in an entertaining game. Canucks better team after a poor first and then no puck luck. Let's face it, Winnipeg has had our number for so long now. No net presence, EP40 was off his game, Miller too so that made a difference. Finally saw some nice team pushback on the Hoglander cross check at the end of the game.
PS: Greene should have taken a timeout when we went with an empty net. Miller and Elias were already gassed. Poor decision as far as I was concerned.
Did like the reverse jersey's though.

Everything about the game was good except the result. Too bad they couldn’t score any goals tonight. The team push back was great. Even Peterson got involved in that pile fight. The team is slowly coming together and functioning like one unit.

have to agree.. interesting refrering in the third period ???
and the end of the second. blatant trip on miller right in front of net which led to a net crash and the pick sure looked in the net.lengthly delays while they check the footage etc all could have been avoided if the ref just simply blows his whistle at the obvious trip. that bloody goalie shut the canucks out a couple years ago too.

We need another Rick Rippen on our team. Some big and tough enough to keep the other team honest and protect our promising rookies..........C.A........
ya I'm surprised MacKewen isn't in the line up replacing Loui, Motte back will help a lot towards a better 4th line

They played well enough to win the Jets game..but to many missed shots. Frustrating to see nice plays that end up in the slot or at the point and then don't even hit the net. The snipers are also hesitating to shoot quickly enough and are having shots deflected or blocked to often. Hughes is fun to watch and knows how to find open space or hang onto the puck until options present themselves...when you have that ability and are doing it often throu a game..not all will go 100% the way you want...no complaints on his play from me. A talent I hope we keep around a long time.

They played well enough to win the Jets game..but to many missed shots. Frustrating to see nice plays that end up in the slot or at the point and then don't even hit the net. The snipers are also hesitating to shoot quickly enough and are having shots deflected or blocked to often. Hughes is fun to watch and knows how to find open space or hang onto the puck until options present themselves...when you have that ability and are doing it often throu a game..not all will go 100% the way you want...no complaints on his play from me. A talent I hope we keep around a long time.
Hughes offense and ability was never a question, his defensive play was atrocious for a while, he's definitely kicked it up a few notches the last few games. should be a good game tonight, looking forward to it.

Marky is going to miss Ian Clark big time it looks like, He was pulled in a 7-1 loss to McDavid after 5 goals in 28 minutes last night, lol

Calgary will learn to manage Marky in due time as personally he has been over worked. Ian Clark I think had a good handle on what to expect from Marky and eventually Calgary will figure it out. When you saw him starting to flop around and guess it was time for a change. Calgary is facing a tough stretch in their schedule so now's the time.
No such issue for the Leafs favoured schedule as Anderson has played more minutes then anyone.

Gonna be a hot game tonight. I’m sure they’ll come back angry and will kick the Jets a$$ from the start. Who’s more motivated to win this game than those who lost undeservedly and also got bullied at the end on their home ice? Looking forward to it.

First period was great. MacEwan dropping the gloves only 2 mins through the game sent the right signal. Petty scored a great goal. Let’s hope the D can hold it together.

Man oh Man, outplay the Jets for 2 games and gift them 4 points. No puck luck whatsoever. The curse continues I am afraid. We deserved much better but still not winning enough 50/50 pucks.
Big Mac's 2 minutes did more than Eriksson's in 4 seasons. LOL

Man oh Man, outplay the Jets for 2 games and gift them 4 points. No puck luck whatsoever. The curse continues I am afraid. We deserved much better but still not winning enough 50/50 pucks.
Big Mac's 2 minutes did more than Eriksson's in 4 seasons. LOL
Holtby and Hughes cost them this game, Miller should've skated by Holtby and given him the stare on that one goal, lol, Hughes simply gave up his angle on the guy in the ot, **** poor attempt by him imho

The lotto line played well but man o man did they ever waste a lot of grade a opportunities to shoot in close and chose the cute pass instead, also the power play seems to think that a shot thru 6 or 7 players from the point by hughes is the best option at one point I'm thinking man if he shoots one more time like that when they have control I'm going to puke, if I'd had a full stomach I would've puked about 5 more times, lol.\, very frustrating to watch that, at least for me it is.

Last edited:
Holtby and Hughes cost them this game, Miller should've skated by Holtby and given him the stare on that one goal, lol, Hughes simply gave up his angle on the guy in the ot, **** poor attempt by him imho

The lotto line played well but man o man did they ever waste a lot of grade a opportunities to shoot in close and chose the cute pass instead, also the power play seems to think that a shot thru 6 or 7 players from the point by hughes is the best option at one point I'm thinking man if he shoots one more time like that when they have control I'm going to puke, if I'd had a full stomach I would've puked about 5 more times, lol.\, very frustrating to watch that, at least for me it is.
In my opinion the PP needs a big net presence not BB6 and a shoot first mentality to create at least some chaos, a rebound or luck. Agree Hughes looked gassed but BB6 was in position to at least attempt to check a 220 lb elite forward. Unfortunately that"s not going to happen. Hughes was in my thinking in a better position for the trailer on a potential drop pass to Scheifele. Looked bad though.. That goal along with the 2nd are on Holtby as that's goaltending 101. Needed to make those saves.Well on to the high flying Oilers. 9 loss in 11 games. Ouch!

AS MENTIONED ABOVE , winning face offs are so important. We need a trainer who specializes just on that skill if we dont have one..........C.A.

that was Boeser that got beat in OT. Dubois took advantage of the forward back and outmuscled him. I think Hughes is gonna be a lot like Jovanovski. high point getter but high risk

It was Boeser who was covering for Hughes who went in deep on a scoring chance. 3 on 3 its going to happen as d men have to be apart of a 3 man offensive unit to keep posssesion of the puck...which is the most important part of OT.

that was Boeser that got beat in OT. Dubois took advantage of the forward back and outmuscled him. I think Hughes is gonna be a lot like Jovanovski. high point getter but high risk
you're right it was Boeser, I stand corrected, **** poor effort by him

Slip sliding away. Let's stand around in the 3rd and be fragile. Smith closed the door flopping around. The Canucks defence refuses to take the body and continually turns the puck over. Unfortunately this won't change until the system changes and or the personal changes next season. Hughes really struggling defensively as Benn as a partner is no Tanev.
Virtanen is done. Uninspired and looks defeated.
The tank is tuned up and ready for the #1 overall. 4th Oiler goal pretty much emphasizes our season.

Back