Canucks 2021 Season

I wonder how many rentals go back and re sign with their old team. Probably doesn’t happen often lol

Motte is a 4th line energy guy , they picked up Lammiko and Highmore off the scrap heap , should be able to replace him fairly easily , Benning would have re signed him for 4 years at 3 mil per

I wonder if they picked up Richardson to show these guys how to be professionals ?

Hamonic trade was definitely a good one , dont know much about Dermott , but he sounds like hes going to add some speed

Exceptional effort for the win tonight against the best team in the league.. Halak finally stellar but I felt the penalties were way to one sided. Help me understand how Highmore was forced into quiet protocol by the refs for a check to the head but no penalty was called?

Just when you thought they were dead , they suck you back in , if anything it’s been good to be in the race again this year

Yep one win and all the radio will talk about tomorrow is the playoff push. Then one loss and all they will talk about is thinking about the future. I say try to push for the playoffs and see what happens. Maybe we will sweep Colorado like Tampa got swept 4 years ago or so while they were the hands down best team

Exceptional effort for the win tonight against the best team in the league.. Halak finally stellar but I felt the penalties were way to one sided. Help me understand how Highmore was forced into quiet protocol by the refs for a check to the head but no penalty was called?
Ya sure looked like a high hit..

well I made another stupid bet last night, but I won this time ,lol. I couldn't resist a bet on the canucks -1.5 (so canucks had to win by 2 or more) @ 6.60:1 , so I bet $46 and got back $303.60. a great night last night out watching some live blues along with the hockey game.
Wed Mar 23, 20224:48 pm
Vancouver Canucks (-1.5) @ 6.60
Puck Line (Inc OT and Pens) 1.5
NHL Games:Vancouver Canucks at Colorado Avalanche
Stake:$46.00
Return:$303.60
Win

Boudreau said it was the best performance since he became coach. I would agree. Was a full 60 minute team effort.
Perhaps all the trade rumours were playing mind games on them. Even Halak said how it affected him. He sure had a good game last night.
Will see how they play next few games

that officiating was absolute bush league. MacKinnon whined to the refs after he got called for crosschecking Hughes and the refs made good on it and called five straight penalties against the canucks. that hughes slash penalty where the stick broke was unreal. todays sticks are trash. ref sees the snap and it’s an automatic call now. ridiculous.

good for the Canucks for winning despite also fighting the refs.

Agree; I thought the league would/should review that hit. Av's are a 'skating team' and Canucks often do well against another skating team. 'Hitting teams', like Calgary, Boston, Anaheim, etc. seem to be able to often shut the Canucks down. They need to get bigger/tougher. Great game though.

Tough loss, just a goal post away from the win. Minny on a 21 day home stand on the stretch drive against a team on a B2B and arriving in town at 4:30 am. What's with that? No idea what a penalty is nowadays and that Hughes missed tripping call in the last 2 minutes simply needed to be called.
The real telling story is a big team with liberties vs a little team with jam .Different story if big Mac & Gad weren't waived.
Thanks again JB and Green.

well I made another stupid bet last night, but I won this time ,lol. I couldn't resist a bet on the canucks -1.5 (so canucks had to win by 2 or more) @ 6.60:1 , so I bet $46 and got back $303.60. a great night last night out watching some live blues along with the hockey game.
Wed Mar 23, 20224:48 pm
Vancouver Canucks (-1.5) @ 6.60
Puck Line (Inc OT and Pens) 1.5
NHL Games:Vancouver Canucks at Colorado Avalanche
Stake:$46.00
Return:$303.60
Win

Felt the effort for the most part was there but the Blues meant business tonight after a couple of slack lustre efforts. A few passengers (BB6) was the difference IMHO as well as the forwards not able to bury the puck. Hughes skated miles tonight. Liked Lockwood skating but he did get clocked with his head down. Halak was ok and unlucky on the first goal. Next game telling story, so if it doesn't turn out it's time to pull out the golf clubs. JB and Greens hole maybe too deep to climb out I am afraid.

Last edited:
Ya i agree , its getting close to golf season for the Canucks , what does #6 have this year like 5 even strength goals or close to it , priority #1 trade BB , hopefully for some D help

Ya i agree , its getting close to golf season for the Canucks , what does #6 have this year like 5 even strength goals or close to it , priority #1 trade BB , hopefully for some D help
A little late to trade Boeser now lol. He's up for a new contract in a few months.

Shouldn't be a problem if you can find a suitor , sign and trade or trade rights , he's an RFA
Yeah for sure, but that’s not the same as trading a player to someone who wants to stick him on the third line and go for a cup run. The price went down already although Minnesota will still probably pay a decent amount

Well I guess that's it as the first periods are just killing any playoff opportunity. JR use your experience, don't be shy and get on with it, make the necessary changes to beef up the lineup, get rid of the deadwood, add speed and liquidate the good old country club feeling. Tall order but mediocrity is painful. Thanks again JB and Mr. Greene.

Well I guess that's it as the first periods are just killing any playoff opportunity. JR use your experience, don't be shy and get on with it, make the necessary changes to beef up the lineup, get rid of the deadwood, add speed and liquidate the good old country club feeling. Tall order but mediocrity is painful. Thanks again JB and Mr. Greene.
Who are you rating as the dead wood? I’d say Dickinson is certainly one of them.

Back