Canucks 2021 Season

The Canucks came to play and took advantage of a tired team. Nice to see what finally happens when the shoe is on the other foot. Was scary though as the Leafs had their chances as Demko played great.
For the first time this season I think the difference was the way the Canucks came out in the 3rd and the Leafs had no real response.
We will see what the Leafs bring on Saturday night. If the Canucks can bring some additional grit like in the 3rd maybe something good would come from that.
Was nice to see them take advantage of a tired team for a change. Saturday will be a real test

That was a sweet surprise!
The Canucks took advantage of the power plays. Defence in the 3rd P was solid and that could partially be b/c of Petty’s injury. Demo had a good performance tonight but I still think that the Leafs aren’t in their usual shape right now.
@nicnat hope you didn’t loose much tonight ;)

Yup, gutsy team win as Demko was outstanding. Still a defensive fire drill at times. Simpson's commentary " comebacks are rare against the Leafs" man oh man the only positive Canuck comment for the evening. Interesting what the spin will be on this one for Leaf fans. I have to say though when Simmons gets back in the lineup and adds some additional sandpaper that Leafs team will be a tough matchup.

Last edited:
That was a sweet surprise!
The Canucks took advantage of the power plays. Defence in the 3rd P was solid and that could partially be b/c of Petty’s injury. Demo had a good performance tonight but I still think that the Leafs aren’t in their usual shape right now.
@nicnat hope you didn’t loose much tonight ;)
It was a sweet surprise, lol, I bet a parley with the canucks -1.5 @ 6.5 and the islanders -1.5 @ 2.25, bet 23.31 and won 340.91, it's been a nice roll on that bc lottery sports betting site, lol, cashed out 1k a week or so ago and up to just under 1 k in there now, I never bet more than $50 as I just want it to be a fun thing, they have poker on there too but it's a very lame set up compared to others I play on.

I have the game taped we celebrated wifey's 65th bday last night and hockey wasn't on the table, lol. look forward to watching it this morning.

It was a sweet surprise, lol, I bet a parley with the canucks -1.5 @ 6.5 and the islanders -1.5 @ 2.25, bet 23.31 and won 340.91, it's been a nice roll on that bc lottery sports betting site, lol, cashed out 1k a week or so ago and up to just under 1 k in there now, I never bet more than $50 as I just want it to be a fun thing, they have poker on there too but it's a very lame set up compared to others I play on.

I have the game taped we celebrated wifey's 65th bday last night and hockey wasn't on the table, lol. look forward to watching it this morning.
20210307_085708.jpg

5:1 odds on the canucks @ -1.5 tonight, 3rd time lucky? I hope so, lol. Demko in goal again so they have a shot, who needs Petey, lol.

I hope they do well too, but three is a nasty number with the Canucks.
They have blown so many 3-0 leads, I get a panic attack when it happens.
(Your bet should be safe, now that they are going to prove me wrong)

Well wasn't that something after watching a sloppy and passive Canucks effort in the first 2 periods. Puck was bouncing all over the place. I wonder if Rogers Arena has had an ongoing issue with the conditions. Defence improved in the 3rd when Benn was injured.
Thank you Mr. Demko!!

Last edited:
Thought the ref's were off a bit last night as they definitely missed a few.
A little Canadian hockey humour to lighten the day. LOL

Attachments

• A24A3992-0699-4E87-BF6E-803D6F41B7FF.jpeg
    A24A3992-0699-4E87-BF6E-803D6F41B7FF.jpeg
    59.7 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
That was one of the most lop-sided games I’ve watched this year. The score flattered the Canucks. Looked like they were skating in sand. Seems they are incapable of breaking out cleanly on the first attempt. Always takes three or four tries.

Got a greasy win thanks to Demko but still like every other team a 2 man aggressive forecheck is tough to watch. When the fearless Tyler Ennis is winning pick battles that tells all. Canucks defensive system is so predictable and with the coaches unable or unwilling to adjust not much is going to change. 3 games in 4 nights for the visitors was the difference.
Myers and Horvat I think played exceptionally well this game. Eriksson and the lazy Virtanen did squat. On to Ottawa to see what happens next.

It has been a long time since I have seen a Rugby Scrum goal quite like that one.

Intresting discussion on the continuing Canucks Cap problems as Demko will now command bigger dollars first, followed by Boeser who is playing great and then the new kids etc.

Did not catch the details but apparently another team has just found a loophole to beat the Cap. It will be interesting to see if Bettman lets it slide while continuing to unfairly and excessively punish the Canucks. Time for him to be replaced.

Last edited:
It has been a long time since I have seen a Rugby Scrum goal quite like that one.

Intresting discussion on the continuing Canucks Cap problems as Demko will now command bigger dollars first, followed by Boeser who is playing great and then the new kids etc.

Did not catch the details but apparently another team has just found a loophole to beat the Cap. It will be interesting to see if Bettman lets it slide while continuing to unfairly and excessively punish the Cannucks. Time for him to be replaced.
Bettman is buddies with Ted Leonsis their owner

Back