Campion Boats Auction details

Aquaholic

Crew Member
Have the auction details info been posted yet?

Which boat mould is worth saving, what’s their best model?

19F9DC97-594B-4BF3-A226-1C0905AD3CCC.jpeg
E91FC288-7C1A-4336-8235-63C631C71CE4.jpegDD543E4C-FEC4-4DA7-A4E7-9E58F6BCACB9.jpeg

Last edited:
Have the auction details info been posted yet?

Which boat mould is worth saving, what’s their best model?

View attachment 82914
View attachment 82915View attachment 82916
Says moving to a new location.

Says moving to a new location.
I wondered about that from the first news of the company having trouble. Is the auction company saying "relocation" so current customers and dealers don't freak out? Curious why they would sell all the extras needed to run the business other than the buildings themselves. If they are having cash problems, does it make sense to have to pay again at todays prices to outfit a new location with all the gear and items they are selling off? Time will tell I suppose.

I wondered about that from the first news of the company having trouble. Is the auction company saying "relocation" so current customers and dealers don't freak out? Curious why they would sell all the extras needed to run the business other than the buildings themselves. If they are having cash problems, does it make sense to have to pay again at todays prices to outfit a new location with all the gear and items they are selling off? Time will tell I suppose.

I agree doesn't make sense

Here's my favorite picture from the listing...

curious to see what the triple axle trailer goes for.
Screenshot_20220728-165215_Chrome.jpg

Three blue garbage bins full of bits and pieces of the last runs of campion boats just shipped to the dump and all tools and leftovers going to auction. Nobody buys a business, throws away stock, sells tools and accessories if they’re just “moving”. Time will tell for sure but I know some people who are trying to buy the CAD designs of some of their boats… because they’re done.

Friend of a friend stuff here so none of this is 100% fact:
They are done. Original owners took care of high skill and knowledge workers through tough times. When the business was sold, some of those workers left then more left. Some pricy hulls were ruined along the way by poor work.
New owners were business people not boat peple. They sold the land back to the original owners to try to keep afloat, likely. Now, after considering taking it all over again, the former president has sold the land again and will carry on with retirement. The rest of the original owning family is happy to profit twice as land value jumped.

Anybody bid on anything? Friend of mine ended up with a roll of grey hull liner. Like a huge one

I noticed at least 2 Campion dealers, Galleon and Monti’s, have brought in a new line. Stabicraft and Sailfish respectively.

Back