Campbell River Fishing Report

Das Boot

Well??? Anybody? I have had no luck off the Lighthouse, Hump, Shelter Point or Willow Point.....Terry:(

Campbell River: Ex "Salmon Capital of the World".....I hope not.......Terry

21' Monaro

Goin' fishin' this morning....I'll let you know how it went later...Terry[8D]

21' Monaro

Was out Sunday off the Lighthouse and Hump and not a thing. There was sure alot of coast gaurd out though didn't find out till I got home about the sailer that went in.... RIP

LL

Geez, now I'm not sure if I know where the Hump is, as everybody at work has a different idea. Can someone give me the coordinates or email me the Nobeltec chart location? Thanks.......Terry [:I]

21' Monaro

From the new Island Salmon Fisherman book, the coordinates of the Hump are N 49 deg 59min, W 125 deg 09 min.

I've been locating some of the spots in the Alberni inlet and in the Strait of Georgia and in general find that the coordinates they give are quite close. I haven't found a real erro yet but I surethought I had a few times.

quote:Originally posted by Das Boot

Geez, now I'm not sure if I know where the Hump is

Grab a map from a local fishing store but you'll know when you get there on top should be 150 feet or so deep all around it should be up to 210 feet or so.
it's a sand bar just out from the light, can't miss all the boats doing circles there.
Fishing is by no means gang-buster yet. There's a few skilled vetrans getting their regular fish but for most everyone else it's still a lot of work for maybe one or two hits an outting.
Good luck.

Thanks for the replies...I caught a monster ling tonight at tide change off the west side of the lighthouse on my deep line. I was in front of the Indian Village when I boated him. I finally got to write on my licence. Game on.........Terry :D

Campbell River: Ex "Salmon Capital of the World".....I hope not.
21' Monaro

Back