Cabelas open in Nanaimo soon?

ill be in tomorrow aswell. going to buy a new t-bolt ;) so long as they will match wholesale's price..

Must be nice to be a VIP. lol

the store is impressive... though I find the saltwater section a little small the taxidermy was amazing much like bass pro-shop in Calgary , staff seemed quite friendly and willing to help will be neat to try shopping in month or two when its not so busy.. the fudge is amazing !

Just got back from their shopping event tonight. Fishing stuff not any cheaper than the local stores, 48" scotty downrigger release clips $13.99, Super Gold Betsy flasher $18.99 to sort of give you an idea... although employee pricing is on ahead of the grand opening, so anywhere from ~15-30% off the sticker price depending on the item. Overall a good experience, had that new car smell and everyone yells "hot nuts" when you walk by which is nice.

Did the walk through. Did not buy and would not go back. Your going to be able to shoot a cannon through that place in short order.

Just got back from their shopping event tonight. Fishing stuff not any cheaper than the local stores, 48" scotty downrigger release clips $13.99, Super Gold Betsy flasher $18.99 to sort of give you an idea... although employee pricing is on ahead of the grand opening, so anywhere from ~15-30% off the sticker price depending on the item. Overall a good experience, had that new car smell and everyone yells "hot nuts" when you walk by which is nice.
we must think alike because that was the first thing I noticed too was the overpriced fishing stuff, if you're going to set up in a fishing town you better compete....otherwise we will just be coming in for the fudge, if you were buying a scotty downrigger on sale day you did alright though...lets give them some credit the store is huge and has a lot of cool hunting gear but so does Wholesale sports and Cabela's cant even touch their fishing selection...

I am poor now.

Did you see the signs that they will match any online price?

Chris and I filled the back of my truck around 8pm when things slowed down.

Cabelas Goetex hunting boots $79
All Americian 921 pressure cooker $180
Lone Wolf Tree Stand $70 cheaper then anywhere online
Hurricane Crossbow Target (the big one) $71
Large Ammo Box $14
Butter Pretzels
Old Fashion Licorice

Oh and as Jeffy mentioned Fudge....... Maple Bacon is awesome. It's like having jerky and maple fudge at the same time.

I took home a cabela's snuggie blaket and a box of fudge for the girlfriend.. they were both a huge hit. moose droppings ,caramel peanut ,rocky road fudge.. :p

Everyone knows you start high and work down from there price wise. It pisses people off less than starting low and raising your prices. I'm sure they will adjust to the market as time goes by. I'm sure they will do ok. The only problem I see is lack of parking. I feel sorry for the surrounding business for the first couple of weeks.

I might need a snuggie for overnight tuna trips :).

Back