Bulk Food Saver Bags

I am waiting for the seller to get back to about shipping on multi orders. The only reply I got was that there could be a state tax charged. I also asked about having them in bundles of 300. My dad got his already.

I'm a newbie on this site (but not others!) and you don't know me, but I would be interested in a mix of the pint and quart bags as well. While you don't know me, I have chartered with IronNoggin in the past and I would also be happy to pre-pay for the bags and shipping (in Vancouver) if you are more comfortable with that. 300+/- bags in a mix of pint and quart would suit me perfectly.

Cheers!

Anyone can order these bags on ebay and save money by having them sent to a friends place on the other side of the border. Maybe some one wants to send a private eamil to this seller and ask about bulk sales. The seller is highly rated and turns out I know 3 people that order thier bags from this person.

Hey FG, long time no hear from. I should send you a email I would like to know what you use for bags and what you can get them for. I have heard some stories about some things you may have for sale on another site. Sorry, I don't go on on that site any more.

Cheers FA

Good to hear from you too FA. Yuppers...give me a shout. Always interested in stories. ;)

As for bags, I purchase them from Washington State as I need too large an order in BC to make the purchase cost effective. I tried going through the same place in Vancouver that Oak Bay et. al., were using but they require 20,000 units to make it cost effective. I now have the bags shipped to Port Angeles, I walk on the ferry, walk off the other side, take a short walk the 8 blocks to pick them up (with handtruck) and then walk back where I can catch the ferry I came over on without a delay. Payment of HST in Victoria is the only delay and that is minor. Truck is parked nearby so the entire operation is actually enjoyable.

These bags are awesome - very tough - and I can get multiple uses before they are too ratty to consider. As for cost - I called the owner and he has a sliding scale so, the more we purchase, the lower the cost. He has some accounts who purchase 50,000 at a go. If you give me an idea of quantaty and size - I would be happy to give him a shout to confirm actual pricing.

These are 3.5 mil pouches and come in boxes. I only order 2 sizes: 6x10 (1000/case) and 10x24 (600) case. We would reach the third best pricing if we ordered 5,000 units of each - the best pricing is full pallets of each and he has multiple contracts who order this way.

Let me know and don't be such a stranger. I am trying to get up to the KC Fishing Derby on December 11th.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers All,

Called my wholesaler and he will provide us with a 25% discount off his price and deliver it N/C to Port Angeles.

Three things to note: there is a delivery charge from the Ebay site and, on 12 combo units shipped, would be approximately 125.00 US so this needs to be added to their price. Also, they sell the bags with the strips down the centre rather than the professional grade with the entire back side embossed. I believe that the entire back embossed is the better bag. Finally, I thought mine were 3 mil...they are actually 3.5 mil so the plastic density is compareable.

Cheers All,

I did a 'quick' comparison of the products and costs:

Ebay: the combo pack of 300 pouches (s/m/l) with delivery to Port Angeles is +/- 0.275 cents/pouch

Washington: Combo of small (6x10 or 6x12) and large (10x24) with delivery to Port Angeles is +/- 0.275 cents / pouch

Note:

1) Washington has a enhanced 'larger' size that is way more expensive to purchase and ideal for a whole fish or large fillet.

2) Washington has full sized embossing rather than the strip embossing.

Any combination of sizes can be ammended to make up any order so, should we put together an order of 3 sizes, then the more expensive larger sizes can be reduced and supplimented with the less expensive smaller sizes. In no case will Washington State bags be more than Ebay and, if the smaller sizes are utilized, the price will actually be less.

I will restate that, after using these bags, that the two sizes work best (6x10 and 10-24) - the fairly small and the fairly big. Small for steaks and smoked salmon/indian candy while the large are perfect for larger fish and full fillets.

Now...back to work for me...

Hey FG, I have have had a great responce to the bags on Ebay. But a size bigger then your same ones. They are 8.5 by 11 I think. They are the quart bags. I think the small ones you have are to small to have a bunch of. If you can find out about quart sizes and a price I could use 3000 for the locals up here.

Larger Sizes

Cheers FA,

Give me a phone call and I can get the info from you. I believe you want something bigger than the 6 x10
size? I can get the 6x12 size - which is already too big for what I want - I prefer the 6x10 or can get larger.

If you are down here let me know and you can see the bags and watch the unit work. Bring a fillet fishing knife too as my new commecial sharpener is here. Neighbour - who is a commercial fisherman - brought a couple of his knives over and was greatly impressed...it works slick.

You have my number....

I bought the no-name bags at the hardware store in Sooke once, and was disappointed ... they would not seal properly, made a very weak seal. I am all for saving a buck, those brand name bags are expensive ... but no savings if they don't work.

Not saying they are no good! Just be careful. Would be good to get a sample before buying bulk, if they'd send one.

For shipping, I use TSB Shipping in Point Roberts when buying from "US only" ebay sellers -- costs $3/package, good service.

Good call, I was not sure till my own father and gal said I had used a few of these bags. The 5-6 bags he gave me. I have a couple still in my freezer. If I was to bring them in for a few friends and they F'd up I would give them their cash back in a heart beat.. But YES..watch out for some of thr garbage out there.

Hey I ordered 1400 bags and have have them here in Courtenay. I Have 200 left and unspoken for. And yes I have already used them and have had no problems with them at all.

100 8X12
100 10X18

If there was interest I would glady order another pile as I am almost out myself.
x2 ? just out of interest how much is the cost, the best price I could dig up was at Cosco

When you buy 1000 it's $18.50 plus tax for 100 8X12's. Plus free shipping on orders over $200. So I would order some 6X12 and 8x12 if people want me to again. Much cheaper then Costco.

Back