Browns Bay Derby?

My Old man is already up there with the boat just waiting on my slow butt brother to SSS and pick me up

</3

Klink

My Old man is already up there with the boat just waiting on my slow butt brother to SSS and pick me up

</3

Klink

Fishing was good today.
Saw all the usual suspects, and so far they seem to be holding up.
My weekend was made today when my partners 16 year old girl caught her first Salmon ever on the end of our first triple. A 21 1/2 pounder that abused her little arms but she held it together like a pro.
Tagged three all by herself today.
Gotta love it!:)
That means that the biggest will be around 16 pounds for me this weekend...
Will post some pictures Saturday night when I get back from day one.
Hey Kevin....if you see this before the weekend's over....whats with the tight security around your boat....expecting something, or what????
Shrink wrapped to the point that it looked like it had contraband on it. (Oh, crap....there goes this thread too!!!!)
Way to go Islandgirl!!!! Hope to meet up with you sometime this weekend....Women ALWAYS outfish the guys.

Fishing was good today.
Saw all the usual suspects, and so far they seem to be holding up.
My weekend was made today when my partners 16 year old girl caught her first Salmon ever on the end of our first triple. A 21 1/2 pounder that abused her little arms but she held it together like a pro.
Tagged three all by herself today.
Gotta love it!:)
That means that the biggest will be around 16 pounds for me this weekend...
Will post some pictures Saturday night when I get back from day one.
Hey Kevin....if you see this before the weekend's over....whats with the tight security around your boat....expecting something, or what????
Shrink wrapped to the point that it looked like it had contraband on it. (Oh, crap....there goes this thread too!!!!)
Way to go Islandgirl!!!! Hope to meet up with you sometime this weekend....Women ALWAYS outfish the guys.

Things sound pretty good out there. I'm looking forward to my first anual Browns Bay Derby.

I'm coming all the way from the West Kootenays and looking forward to some more exciting Salmon fishing on the Island.

We'll be there early Sat am. Save some for us !!

Things sound pretty good out there. I'm looking forward to my first anual Browns Bay Derby.

I'm coming all the way from the West Kootenays and looking forward to some more exciting Salmon fishing on the Island.

We'll be there early Sat am. Save some for us !!

Well, just finally drying off after a very humid day on the water.
Sorry, but due to the damp conditions, I attempted to use the camera only once.
Steely with his crew of misfits (notice the captain was relagated to the elements) of Nog et al.

http://s159.photobucket.com/albums/t121/blueorca911/?action=view&current=DSCF2949.jpg

The boat behind them is none other than Saltwater Cowboy and crew.

Last years total poundage of 1500 for the two days was surpased by quite a margin. Over 9000 pounds of Chum...WOW....Nice of the commercial boys to wait until we hauled out $7200.00 worth of fish.
Great to meet up with old friends and attached some names to faces that where just names before.
Kelly..Have a safe trip back to Calgary.
C.S. ... How much did Randy spend on Banana's this year...Must have been a case or two ....
Islandgirl...Good to see you again...
Kevin.....what can I say....never seen you up that early in the morning...
Baddog....Great seeing you..gotta spend more time chatting next year.
IronNoggin...Always a treat my friend.
Hey, the boy spawn even caught the biggest in my boat today...
Later kids....

Well, just finally drying off after a very humid day on the water.
Sorry, but due to the damp conditions, I attempted to use the camera only once.
Steely with his crew of misfits (notice the captain was relagated to the elements) of Nog et al.

http://s159.photobucket.com/albums/t121/blueorca911/?action=view&current=DSCF2949.jpg

The boat behind them is none other than Saltwater Cowboy and crew.

Last years total poundage of 1500 for the two days was surpased by quite a margin. Over 9000 pounds of Chum...WOW....Nice of the commercial boys to wait until we hauled out $7200.00 worth of fish.
Great to meet up with old friends and attached some names to faces that where just names before.
Kelly..Have a safe trip back to Calgary.
C.S. ... How much did Randy spend on Banana's this year...Must have been a case or two ....
Islandgirl...Good to see you again...
Kevin.....what can I say....never seen you up that early in the morning...
Baddog....Great seeing you..gotta spend more time chatting next year.
IronNoggin...Always a treat my friend.
Hey, the boy spawn even caught the biggest in my boat today...
Later kids....

Back at ya Paul.

As you said, it was nice to put faces to some of the names.

Another awesome weekend. Already looking forward to next year.

One thing is for sure, need a third person on my boat when it's windy and you're into triple headers.

Hope everyone had a safe trip home.

Back at ya Paul.

As you said, it was nice to put faces to some of the names.

Another awesome weekend. Already looking forward to next year.

One thing is for sure, need a third person on my boat when it's windy and you're into triple headers.

Hope everyone had a safe trip home.

That was fun. Took a beating Fishing in that supped up tinny. Most excitment of the weekend was when i took my little stove in the boat. There was a leak in the line so when i lit it the danm thing light up and leaked gas on teh floor. WTF do you do? flames were up about 3ft in my face and on the floor. Water obviously spread it. Finally put a pot over it and let it burn out for 5 min. THANK GOD FOR ALUMINUM or i woulda tossed it overboard. Lotsa fish we took a bit to dial in. Landed 10-15ish yesterday and 15+ today with that many lost on top so the action was steady to cayotic.Nothin to big best was a 16 but as ushual its the one that got away.We got a double and had the 16 and another around 20 at the boat.Went to net the 20 first and pop had to settle with the 16.Didnt take many pics was either to much cayoss or the weather to ugly.
Releasin little chromer
bb3.jpg

Yesterdays fish kept
bb2.jpg

Todays fish. Big a$$ head but small body
bb.jpg

That was fun. Took a beating Fishing in that supped up tinny. Most excitment of the weekend was when i took my little stove in the boat. There was a leak in the line so when i lit it the danm thing light up and leaked gas on teh floor. WTF do you do? flames were up about 3ft in my face and on the floor. Water obviously spread it. Finally put a pot over it and let it burn out for 5 min. THANK GOD FOR ALUMINUM or i woulda tossed it overboard. Lotsa fish we took a bit to dial in. Landed 10-15ish yesterday and 15+ today with that many lost on top so the action was steady to cayotic.Nothin to big best was a 16 but as ushual its the one that got away.We got a double and had the 16 and another around 20 at the boat.Went to net the 20 first and pop had to settle with the 16.Didnt take many pics was either to much cayoss or the weather to ugly.
Releasin little chromer
bb3.jpg

Yesterdays fish kept
bb2.jpg

Todays fish. Big a$$ head but small body
bb.jpg

Oh yea baddog i have your vhf my dad will bring it to work when he gets back or ill ask my mom to drop it off. Everything ok with your buddy you said he slipped in. That chop knocked me over as well when i was runnin to grab a rod and i almost took a swim. landed over the rail but landed on the rod lucky it didnt break. Anyone see the accident on the way home? a car passed me doin 150km in that heavy rain and 5 min down the road a car was flipped in the northbound lane looked like the same car mighta gone through the median.People were stopping in the middle of the highway just to look and 15 cars pulled over.

Oh yea baddog i have your vhf my dad will bring it to work when he gets back or ill ask my mom to drop it off. Everything ok with your buddy you said he slipped in. That chop knocked me over as well when i was runnin to grab a rod and i almost took a swim. landed over the rail but landed on the rod lucky it didnt break. Anyone see the accident on the way home? a car passed me doin 150km in that heavy rain and 5 min down the road a car was flipped in the northbound lane looked like the same car mighta gone through the median.People were stopping in the middle of the highway just to look and 15 cars pulled over.

So who won it all??????BLUEORCA any tom foolery going on?????cmon need details boys!!!!!!CS,Osama,my escape spill it!!!!!

Wolf

So who won it all??????BLUEORCA any tom foolery going on?????cmon need details boys!!!!!!CS,Osama,my escape spill it!!!!!

Wolf

Wolf, wasn't the same without ya... Although there were some that were a tad nervous this weekend...(Kevin)
Almost all had the 'Nana ferrie drop by. Thanks to Osama bin Hopper who sold out the culprit, it will be up to someone else to carry next years torch.
Didn't spend any time this year socializing due to my highly alergic reaction to falling down drunks, but I'm sure some stories will come soon...unless an untimely edit goes awry...

Back