Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

Pretty clean boat but I don’t understand his starting batteries. I’m not sure these even exist “Renogy 100AH lithium starting batteries”

I’d be concerned about the trailer being beefy enough and if it has EOH.

Those batteries exists and they are good quality AGM batteries.

https://ca.renogy.com/products/deep-cycle-battery/?categoryIds[]=259
He is saying Lithium, big price difference and should be in quality between a Starting lithium and a regular agm.

Starting batteries should always list CCA and marine cold cranking amps if designed for marine, which I couldn't find for the renogy AGM. I have a few renogy products but I keep them in the camper.

This is the one BC Coast Pilot posted about. It looks sick with 3 posts and weighing under 29lbs. $1000 USD but you get a 10 year warranty and looks to be 2-3X better https://www.relionbattery.com/rb100-hp

Any thoughts on this Whaler?

Debating between this boat and shipping out my family's 2003 Montauk 170 from Ontario. It's got a 90hp Merc 2stroke saltwater series, no bottom paint. So it could add up to get it out to Vancouver...

Cheers,

Debating between this boat and shipping out my family's 2003 Montauk 170 from Ontario. It's got a 90hp Merc 2stroke saltwater series, no bottom paint. So it could add up to get it out to Vancouver...

Cheers,
That whaler looks like good value if the 44 year old hull isn’t waterlogged

2005 seasport 22 with a pod 60k usd no trailer and an evinrude g2

That looks like a phenomenal boat: nicely outfitted and appears well cared for. Not sure what these Thunderjets go for, but price seems fair for what you get.

Last edited:
Interesting little 16ft COPE for sale up in PW. Very similar to the 16ft Lifetimer skiffs, but not sure if this is 3/16" bottom / 1/8" sides Like the Lifetimer:

I bet this thing would look amazing if you stripped the paint off and hit it with a sanding block. That etec 90 is really going to make this thing fly. I think the Lifetimer 16ft top out with a 50 or 60hp outboard.

Not sure if the old ones ride as well and “float” as well when swamped. Foam saturation and gas tank corrosion would be the biggest concern. I’d check uship and find someone already driving west with a free hitch that could bring yours out if the trailer is bullet proof.

Cheers,

Back