Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

Not many small fishing boats here, but this one is worth a look:

My brother owns an old Gregor and it is built like an absolute tank. These are welded boats and pretty heavy duty. If it checks out, this a smoking deal with the motor and trailer.

I’m surprised there hasn’t been a stampede to snatch up this rig:

@Sharphooks is this vintage of avon any good?

I couldn’t find the Nanaimo listing…maybe someone grabbed it? There’s an Avon in Comox that the guy just wants out of his yard. Anyone with some hypalon patch material and some 2-part glue (2 part is important !!) could turn that into a very nice inflatable…I’d buy it in a heart-beat if it were an easier drive for me

I couldn’t find the Nanaimo listing…maybe someone grabbed it? There’s an Avon in Comox that the guy just wants out of his yard. Anyone with some hypalon patch material and some 2-part glue (2 part is important !!) could turn that into a very nice inflatable…I’d buy it in a heart-beat if it were an easier drive for me
Could you send me the details? I’ll be up this weekend helping my parents downsize and will hopefully have an empty pickup truck coming home!

The only weak link is no oar locks though I think originally there were fitting in those wood blocks held in place by strips of hypalon

I never get worried when I see patches on an Avon as long as they were professionally applied. If they weren’t, get a heat gun or a hair-drier with a paint scraper and pull them off, sand off the old glue, then re-apply new patches. The key is getting 2-part glue specifically made for Orca Pennel (formerly known as hypalon)….I tried resurrecting an old Avon that someone found beat up on a beach and learned the hard way that normal hypalon glue out of a tube (without the catalyst) is just not strong enough for any kind of major patch work

This is what you’d want:

Last edited:
Sounds like a hellava deal, if the transom is solid it’s priced like a new 15 foot stabicraft, but outfitted with what is probably more than 40k in extras.
Ya it looks nice
I think the engine is the Achilles on this one
Might be great, who knows
new engine and she’d be a sweet little ride
250 merc and she could be in the mix
I really want a gulfstream with twins not many north of the border to shop from

100k for this one, with 200 that are half way there, hull looks cleannnn almost 1700 hrs on those yam, new repower is closer to 80 k, they could last 3000 hrs or go boom soon
Ya engines are up there and bottom paint ?
I bought an 86 aqua star (waterlogged hull and the leg failed) from pg and learnt how some people in the north country treat their stuff lol damn loggers lol
It is one of two that close

This is a listing from 2019

Back