Boat upgrade

I picked up this boat from the states a few years ago. I would do it again in a heartbeat. For the right price I would let her go and trade up for a nice welded aluminium.
:
Trade up for an alloy? You realize right now, Sculpin probably has a sentimental tear of joy rolling down his cheek.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
That boat looks like it has serious potential Nootkasounder. I'm getting more info on it. Thanks

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rds/boa/4299550726.html Looks like an open or cutdown transom on that boat, can't tell 100% from the pics though. Going offshore, especially when encountering following seas, you'd want a full height transom.

Also, quite a few walkarounds posted out there and they are nice for fishing out of, but some have a fairly large recessed front portion and a large bow wave can flood that recess and send all that water along the recessed sides onto the back deck. Take a couple like that in a row, hard for any boat to keep up with bailing/bilging water out.

For offshore tuna fishing, and if you have the option, look for a boat that sheds water overboard for at least the front 2/3 of the boat. i.e. the cabin walls are flush/continuous with gunwales so water doesn't get channeled back into the deck area.

Lots of options out there, happy shopping. Good luck in your search.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back