boat shelter

Capt_Ed

Crew Member
I'm looking for a 12x24x 12 portable boat shelter . Anyone have an idea where to buy one . Has to be 12' high as I don't want to build a pony wall. cheap with a tarp roof works for me

I had a 12x30 with 10 foot side poles. The peak was well over 13 feet.

I'm looking for a 12x24x 12 portable boat shelter . Anyone have an idea where to buy one . Has to be 12' high as I don't want to build a pony wall. cheap with a tarp roof works for me

If you live where you get snow the rounded ones are great. I had to put mine on some beams i had around to get the 12 feet clearance.

My shelter logic has been great the last 4 years, and even lasted a teardown and move.
Might be the Okanagan sun then cuz you wouldn’t get a year out of one here , mine has its 3rd tarp in two seasons, complete junk , there are more shelter logic pole sets (with no cover) for sale than anything else out there , their warranty dept won’t even answer lol

They don’t hold up very well in a windstorm. i did manage to kinda erect it back up and it has lasted 4 yrs but now it’s pretty much toast. I paid $299 at Costco but now they’re $399 online.

Attachments

• 8D10F357-D91D-4AE8-8C25-51DB076DB2E3.png
    8D10F357-D91D-4AE8-8C25-51DB076DB2E3.png
    3 MB · Views: 112
With soft covers you get what you pay for. Have a round top “Rhino“ shelter 36x12x14 for 9 years now, still like new. Have a shelter logic round top 24x12x12, just replaced top after 3 years. There are several thicknesses of cover, the thicker mil the better but more $$$. You will usually find a larger diameter of tubing on the more expensive makes as well. Shelter logic sells 3 grades of top on their web site, the cheap model is flogged by your local big box stores on sale. By the way, I ended up covering the shelter logic shed with a huge tarp 3 times thicker for $100 on sale from a auto/tool supply store. Replacement of a shelter logic cheap cover was $400.

I had a shelter logic from Canadian tire and had to replace it every year. I may have gotten two years out of one but you get what you pay for… anyone know where I can get a delux canopy in Victoria like the one shown at midland? I think they are Vancouver only? One year my shelter logic canopy was lifted in a windstorm and landed upside down on the roof of my house and electrical lines coming in to the house! I cut it down very cautiously piece by piece..

Last edited:
I had a shelter logic from Canadian tire and had to replace it every year. I may have gotten two years out of one but you get what you pay for… anyone know where I can get a delux canopy in Victoria like the one shown at midland? I think they are Vancouver only? One year my shelter logic canopy was lifted in a windstorm and landed upside down on the roof of my house and electrical lines coming in to the house! I cut it down very cautiously piece by piece..
Try capital auto equipment out of Surrey. They delivered my 30x14x14 to Langford and I just had to get it to my house in Sooke. Reasonable prices too

I know the post was calling for cloth shelters. This is my 2 cents about metal shelters. The picture shows one of many configurations - they can be customized to length and height, with a number of colour choices. I bought this in 2006, and have done zero maintenance, except for power-washing the roof. They have a demo shelter near Elk Lake on Hwy 17 from Victoria to the ferry.

Attachments

• 20210128_104646.jpg
    20210128_104646.jpg
    444.5 KB · Views: 110
I know the post was calling for cloth shelters. This is my 2 cents about metal shelters. The picture shows one of many configurations - they can be customized to length and height, with a number of colour choices. I bought this in 2006, and have done zero maintenance, except for power-washing the roof. They have a demo shelter near Elk Lake on Hwy 17 from Victoria to the ferry.
i borrowed my friends wife’s Miata once to get more beer. i never got insulted and yelled at more on my life. walked back thru the door close to tears.

What's the cost of something like that?

What's the cost of something like that?
It was $6-7000 in 2006 - installed. It covers 22'L x 20'W x 12'H. L and W are selectable. W has an engineering max.

It seems like a lot, but we had just spent way too much rebuilding and re-powering our Hourston. The shelter has dramatically reduced the maintenance on the boat, and has prolonged the life of the canvas dodger - 20 years this year.

Last edited:
Back