Boat Servicing

elnino54

I'm looking for recommendations for a place to take my boat to have the head serviced. I've been advised by another member, Fish Assassin, that "Parker Marine in Courtenay Sucks".........as I was planning to take my boat there, I'm looking at alternatives. Any feedback is welcome. Thx.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where is the boat? I take my boat to CV Marine. But they are in Courtenay. They service anything. And believe me they know lot about Yamaha and E-Tecs. As they all once work and or managed Parker Marine during the good old days.

Thx Guys.......The boat is located near Victoria, but I was thinking about stopping for service work on my way up to Port Hardy in the Spring. may have to give CV a call.

Give us some details.... There are plenty of good mechs in Victoria some better than others depending on what you are servicing.
They would grab the boat, do it, bill you, and the boat is ready to go without stopping on the way to Hardy

I recently purchased a boat near Sidney. Got hold of a Yami mechanic. He was excellent. Quick, efficient. Comes to boat. I would have no hesitation having him back.

Give us some details.... There are plenty of good mechs in Victoria some better than others depending on what you are servicing.
They would grab the boat, do it, bill you, and the boat is ready to go without stopping on the way to Hardy

That is why I asked where the boat is cause there are great places all over this island to take a boat. Just keep it away from Mr. Parker and his horror shows

Forsch Marine in Sidney is terrific! Just had my boat serviced yesterday. Reasonable rates, great quality work, and best of all, they are HONEST!

I have only used one guy when I need extra help for tougher jobs and that is Ken Hague down at SG Power in Victoria.

X2 Forsch Marine. That is my pick

SG Power Victoria. Good attitude, customer focus, always quick and competent mechanics who fish !!!

Mike @ Westshore marine out by witty's lagoon seemed to have good rates and was a real nice guy - and stood behind his work.

Forsch Marine is an authorized Yami repair. When they come out they just connect their computers to the Yami for the most accurate diagnosis. Repairs were quick and reasonable.

I know this independent guy in Campbell River, his name is Dave. Top quality work on a wide range of brands. Great with electrical and rigging as well, 55/hr, half of other shop rates and better quality work. You can call me, I mean Dave, at 250 203 1830.

Have to say Chris at Forsch Marine. Nothing but good things to say. I had troubles with my old boat and was looking for help had people say this and that was wrong with it and it would take time to get to it. This was just before I was to go on my big fishing trip with the guys. All booked in and no boat. Someone told me to call Chris. Chris came to my house the next morning, picked up the boat. Fixed it and dropped it off at my house and called me later that day to say it was fixed. I asked him how much I owed him and he said don't worry about it and have a good trip and phone him when I got back from my trip and we could square up then. I had never even meet the guy and he did all that for a complete stranger. Can not say enough good things about Forsch Marine. Great service, fair prices, and a great guy.
Not to take away from Island fish lifter as I have heard good things about him also. I had some questions on my new boat and he was very helpful with information.

X2 I have been going to Chris at Forsch Marine sents he started on his own .

Back