Boat Prices drastically reduced

Capt_Ed

Crew Member
So I open Marketplace boats just now and over half the boats listed have a slash thru the price and reduced fron 10 to 35%. Things are looking up for those of us in the market.

See all the brand new verados up for 24% off msrp, merc must finally have some inventory to move. Be interesting to see when / if yamaha catches the same feelings ..

Ive been looking for a few specific boats for over 2 years. They have not dropped at all. They are Grady and Pursuit models In the 28-35 ft ranges. Maybe Bayliners or Trophy‘s have seen a market shift, but higher quality boats are static, and in fact I think they’ve gone up marginally. I look every day on all the major sites. I search and save dozens of examples every month. It’s time consuming and frustrating at times, but for what I want I am fairly certain prices haven’t dropped. Just one mans view.

I’ve been looking on major sites for a cure to my 2-footitis and I tend to agree with Pescador. There isn’t much inventory for certain boats and the sellers who can, seem to be holding on to their boats. With the way that our economy is performing (or lack of!) and the upcoming US election, next year can be the start of some real movement in the toy market. Only time will tell.

Yeah think the ones you see dropping are with tired motors honestly or inboards.

If I want to move up in boat size with low hours engine prices look the same too me.
The ones with tired motors were priced close to low hour versions during the frenzy, and seeing them drop, and the premium versions are retaining their value does make sense.

House prices are starting to come down as well, few coworkers got places 10% under asking

Ive been looking for a few specific boats for over 2 years. They have not dropped at all. They are Grady and Pursuit models In the 28-35 ft ranges. Maybe Bayliners or Trophy‘s have seen a market shift, but higher quality boats are static, and in fact I think they’ve gone up marginally. I look every day on all the major sites. I search and save dozens of examples every month. It’s time consuming and frustrating at times, but for what I want I am fairly certain prices haven’t dropped. Just one mans view.
I sell ya my 282! lol

I’m looking bigger now. Not even owning a Marlin I’ve figured out it’s too small after my research and looking at few of them at my marina. 33-35 ft seems to be what I’m going to need.
Just in time for next season fuel price increases?

Back