Blackhawks 2013

Not bloody likely Owen.:p I'm just a little slow out of the box this morning. That was quite the game I must say. Looked to me like the Hawks took Bostons own game to them, hitting everything that moved. It certainly didn't help in the scoring dept. but I thought overall it helped in shifting the game around to Chicago's style of play. If it wasn't for Crawford that game would have been over long before it was. In games like that it's not how you win, you just have to win it somehow and that's what the Hawks managed to do. It was not a game either team wanted to lose that's for sure. Advantage for now clearly in Hawks favour. If they can win game 2 it will be a lot tougher for Boston to come back. As I said earlier this series will be 6 or 7 games as there is no quit in these teams.;) eman

Never thought I'd be cheering for the Blackhawks, I'm a fan of hockey and when my choices are bruins or hawks, I choose hawks. They deserve to win and have the more talented team IMO. I prefer high skilled teams over goons and hacks. That's what I think the bruins are best at.

Game #2 of the two schools of hockey. Gotta go Hawks (surprise) 3-1.

I want them to take the Cup not only as a rabid Chicago fan, but for the influence it will have on the game. Had Vancouver won two years ago it sure would have helped the skills vs. physical presence debate.

The future of the game is not in the alley.

True but that Finn earned his paycheque. I have administered two Philips Amnesiac IPA's and am looking forward to Monday night.

That is the other school of hockey Onefish. Pound, trap and wait for a mistake. BORING.

Hawks have not done well in game #3's, tonight we get a change. Hawks 3-1.

Well the Hawks have to win at least one in Beantown to win the Cup, so it might as well be tonight. Hawk 3 Bruins 2.;) eman

Nah. I remember the cup win in '61 and for years the Hawks were the bottom of the league. Losing game #3 isn't going to quiet me. Hawks have been weak down the middle for several years. Before Handzus they rented Pahlson and Madden. Puck moving mobile Dmen have been the club's preference over stay at home, rugged shot blockers. In short, offensive vs trap and pound hockey.

We got beat. Game #4 is comeback time. Hawks 3-1. :)

Hey Bows... If you remember the 61 cup, then you and I must be in very similar boats.:) Not quiet or concerned here just a little confused with the Hossa scratch and the Ben Smith replacement. Oh well Hoss is back for game 4 so all will be fine.;) eman

Hossa got dinged with a puck in the warm-up and went straight to the dressing room. Smith hadn't skated in the warm-up so he went from the press box to playing.

Coach Q has to start loading up these lines and get some production before it's to late. Last games lines were ridiculous. Granted he had a late scratch in Hoss but c'mon Q, unleash the bear spray.;) eman

Back