Biggest Salmon you ever caught???

Sounds like there has been some monsters caught. Any pic's of these hogs? Not questioning your honesty at all, I just have never seen a 50 or 60plus.

Several years back.....Alot of Skeena fishermen on river banks did very well in reelin' huge hogs 40 plus up to 75 pounds. Similar to Kenai River. I have talked one of friends who lived in the area, saying, there were lots of recent commerical fishing activities, the fish size get smaller and fewer.

I helped with the hatchery crew to rescue fish for broodstocks near big city in a tiny creek that had full of chums. I have seen a few old tyees in 40's and one in 50s. very exciting to see the sizes of fish.

Saw one fish on the little Q around 45-50 when taking eggs. Took 100s of broodstock on the nitnat and suprisingly didnt see any over 40.Couldnt imagine some of these 60+ fish mentioned coming into the net.

My biggest is 52 in 2005 off Malcolm Island and I do happen to have a picture:

52-1.jpg

This one makes it look bigger though:

52-3.jpg

Also was out with my dad in 2004 off the trap but in separate boats and he and my gramps got a 53. Kind of neat - my gramps was a fireman and fished every morning, selling at docks. Had one of those "type A" licenses. Anyways, it was his catch and is his biggest ever.

Guided 43.5 off Beal back in 89

Myself, 37.5 twice....

Once of the top end of Edward King on a Pink Pearl Zigger

The other off Otter Pt on chovie w/an 8oz slip weight and I forget the # of pulls.

Nice fish folks!!!!

Cheers

SS

Fishing08018-1.jpg

As a complete rookie, I caught a 44 pounder, Fathers Day, 1991. Using the wrong hooks, wrong knots, wrong line, with a large strip. In 50 feet of water, fishing at 44 feet, directly off the flag pole at Beacon Hill Park. The photo is on the wall in my living room.
****house luck, but I have been hooked on chasing chinook salmon ever since!:D

"We must strive to touch the land gently and care for it as true stewards, that those who follow us and assess our record may see that our mark on the land was one of respect and love, not cruelty and disdain."
-Robert B. Oetting

I don't count freshwater so my biggest was 44 lbs. in Campbell River in mid 80's.

40lbs(actually 39 but I say 40), off of Rock Pile, Renfrew, last summer, anchovie. Didn't realize how big it was until I got it in the net. Wasn't a fighter. What a shock. Caught a 28 - 30 lb same evening. Love evening fishing.

quote:Originally posted by r.s craven

quote:Originally posted by Brisco

I don't count freshwater so my biggest was 144 lbs. in Campbell River in mid 80's.

Whoa, that's a big Spring !!!

Oops, fixed it. [B)]

My personal biggest was my first tyee ever a 56lbs in Whale Channel at my lucky 47' on a cutplug. I've guided 4 others over 50 (50#,50#,52# and 53#) Also 23 fish from 40#s to 47#s between Whale Channel and Milbanke sound. I sure miss those days. Cutplugging first thing in the morning in 30-40' of water right on the rock piles and kelp beds down 17'-27'
Keep all the pics coming I love looking at slabs. C Dudds thats a chromer.
00110017-2.jpg

DJSWEDDINGSLIDESHOWPHOTOS-1.jpg

00100008.jpg

00100019.jpg

00480012.jpg

00470004.jpg

Back