Best white glow hootchie?

drhook

What do you guys consider the best white/glow hootchie for all 'round use. The only one I really know is the OA12 Pearl. Is there a better one?

Drhook: The hoochie you list is white/UV from Yama****a (Golden Bait). It is a great all round hoochie along with OAL12R (luminous added). The Golden Bait glow hoochies will all start their product number with OG (for octopus glow). For straight glow the G.B. OG55R is very good, other favorite G.B. glow hoochies of mine are OG142R (green splatter back) and OG144R (blue splatter back). Other manufacturers, i.e. North Pacific have good pure glow and glow component hoochies as well.

...Rob

I would tell ya but then my fellow countrymen from the USA would call me racist!

Any color you want as long as there's a KoneZone ahead of it.

HA HA HA.

Mike

Home of the Daisy Chain, Skoolz, SquidderDun and TakeDownz UV Beads. www.KoneZone.com

quote:Originally posted by KoneZone

I would tell ya but then my fellow countrymen from the USA would call me racist!

Any color you want as long as there's a KoneZone ahead of it.

HA HA HA.

Mike

Home of the Daisy Chain, Skoolz, SquidderDun and TakeDownz UV Beads. www.KoneZone.com

Funny Mike,

I prefer Gibbs Flashers my self ahead of them... Ha Ha Ha..:) That is in front of the OA's, OAL's, OG's as well as the NG's. All very good hootchies. I own dozens of them. Hootchies that is, and Gibbs flashers.

Thanks 'Rob H' and r.s.craven, those are excellent replies and valuable info.
The OG142R is one I use almost exclusively for St. of Georgia springs. It's dynamite!
I was specifically interested in plain white/glow hootchies.
'UNKNOWN'? Do you have anything to add since you work at PNT?

Judge,Jury and Executioner.

136.jpg

Under UV.
138-2.jpg

Downchild - LXSB103 Yo-Zuri, AKA North Pacific

is a killer on constance and has done very well for coho the last couple of years. I don't think there is a needlefish in that one but the one with just the stripe has one.

On constance at least it was a bust this year, I fished it a lot but never got a fish on it, while the purple,pink and blue haze squirts whacked em every time. maybe something to do with two stripes versus one stripe.

http://www.fishingvancouverisland.org

quote:Originally posted by Downchild

Judge,Jury and Executioner.

136.jpg

Under UV.
138-2.jpg

Oh well...the cats out of the bag!

Let's put it this way, I have named the one on the left "Chinook Cocaine."

Thanks a lot guys. Excellent info!!:) I think I'll be making a little trip up to PNT pretty soon.

Interesting thread!

I am currently putting together what (I think) might be some deadly BC/Pacific NW lures for a trip to New Zealand in January. Apparently they do fish with similar hoochie-type rigs, so I thought these might be worth bringing along!

Do you mind sharing where "PNT" is? Is it the shop on Broadway in Vancouver?

Many thanks!

PNT is pacific net and twine, they have several outlets, check yellow pages for lower mainland ones. There is one in Steveston

A friend gave us a 'glo stripe' (we called it) and it executed a few slabs in short order before we lost it on a broke leader. Went to PNT to buy some and they were sold out. :( So Rob suggested the other hootchie. We called it the 'spunky'. Bought a pack and they worked. Both can be deadly. Go for the cuttle. ;)
The 'big ugly' (yama double skirt glo, no eyes, squid) is another
one to try if you can get over how ugly it is.

Back