Best Tackle combo!

Yep 5 1/4 chovies the smaller presentation for me is what I like. Combined with double glow chartreuse flasher, purple haze teaser with stick on eyes. Wicked combo.
Hey BR next time you’re around your gear could you snap a pic and post here of the stick on eyes on the teaser? Never heard of that but I like it!

Just bought a set. Thanks!
I was hoping Amazon would be like “congratulations you placed our 1 billionth order and now you get a free boat”
Didn’t happen (sigh)
Sometimes I'll put a dab of super glue on top to keep them on there better. It's all a little ridiculous, but hey, so am I.

I'm curious too ;)
So far I'm only crushing drinks and loosing lures ;)

I'm looking for help picking out some flasher / lure combos for catching Salmon. I'm going to pickup a AP tackleworkds sandlance today I was thinking the MVP or lemon lime.
they are both awesome.

So much cheaply made gimmicky product, the marketing on social media is also annoying . Much rather fish local quality products pesca, lighthouse , AP tackleworks ect
I have to agree! I was on my boat yesterday getting gear ready. I have a lot of bent, chip peeling, broken gibbs/delta skinny Gs. They don't last. I was talking to someone who fished with the owner and he knows his lures don't last and wont make them better quality so he sells more.

on the flip side my AP lures are in great shape and the owner is always happy to accomodate last minute orders, fishes locally and is a generally great guy to talk fishing with.

My favorite combos

Summer/Fall/Spring

1) Salty dog flasher (don't know if it works for fish but I like the way it looks) and a 3" AP anchovy spoon in a custom pattern I call "hot-streak" (not the real or official name of the spoon colour) BUT I have consistently caught big chinook on it (go my biggests of last year and biggest of all in my boat club)

2) No bananas flasher and white hoochie or 3" lemon lime AP spoon (for coho its my most productive lure by far)

Winter

1) No bananas flasher and herring aid coho killer (but will likely switch to the new smaller AP spoon when it comes out)
2) Purple haze flasher and skinny G (different patterns)

I'm curious too ;)
So far I'm only crushing drinks and loosing lures ;)

I'm looking for help picking out some flasher / lure combos for catching Salmon. I'm going to pickup a AP tackleworkds sandlance today I was thinking the MVP or lemon lime.
I tie all my lures and line with palomar knot. lost a fish first year of trolling on a different knot right at the boat…. did some seraching and tried the palomar knot. haven't had a knot failure yet.

Last edited:
I tie all my lures and line with palomar knot. lots a fish first year of trolling on a different knot. did some seraching and tried the palomar knot. haven't had a knot failure yet.

Yes I switched over to doing this as well. It just happened to be that I was using a used rod and I had respooled it. Silly me and thus lost it. I find that the polomar knot as well is very solid.

WHat is the color combo of your custom "hot streak" :) on AP anchovy?

Back