Best.....Show.......Ever--Extreme Fishing

Finished Business

For all you Torrent hounds... your collection is not complete without

"Extreme Fishing With Robson Green" based out of the UK, a Channel 5 production
Actor Robson Green Hosts this show. Hes a funny guy and reacts how we all would when losing a fish, a whole lotta cursing! He's not the best angler but he puts in a hard day to land a meal (one episode ran 14hours (condensed of course) until they finally landed a pittance of a fish). Theres a bit alot of fishing with abit of culture as well, and some of the more creative methods to catch a fish you have seen.

I watch this program religiously, dreaming of fishing some of the locales Robson casts line.

Worth watching first is S02 Episodes 1, 2, and 5. E01 is shot strictly in BC, in waters many of you fish...with a guide you know as well (Dmurph and Rollie) fishing the Stamp, pulling sturgeon out of the Fraser at the Vedder mouth (my backyard), and Heli-fishing for Coho out of MacNiel. E02 is a jaunt to Alaska, and E05 has a steelhead footage at the base of Niagra falls.

There are 4 seasons, with a 5th on the way. I hate this show because I like it so much. Some of my faves are when Robson catches the freshwater Dorado (Argentina's National Fish), The MASSIVE chinook in Patagonia, and the episodes where he fishes the Maldives and Guinea Bissau.

Fishing using only the methods provided by each guide and location (there is some third world fishing, indigenous tribes fishing, along with extreme big game ect ect.) it really offers an insight into how fishing is done around the world.

Check out Wikipedia for episode listings, gives a description of each fish caught in each episode. He typically eats what he catches, though he strays from that mantra in the later seasons.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extreme_Fishing_with_Robson_Green

Definately worth a watch this off-season.

Back