BC Ferries to ban passengers from staying on closed vehicle decks

What does the union have to do with this? Transport Canada mandates safety regulations.
The union's position is that they will not ask their members to do "enforcement" in addition to their ,andated duties. It's a bargaining tactic so when they get to their next contract they can ask for more money.

Besides what's a 120lb female flagger going to do when a 250lb redneck tells her to pound sand when she asks him to get out of his truck and go to the SeaWest Lounge for a latte? The fact is that the union doesn't want to be liable for damages when one of their members gets into a bind enforcing a TC policy.

I can guarantee its a liability issue. Having said that, I hope the union does not enforce the policy. I like being able to hide away for an hour and get some shut eye. Helps the time pass quicker.

Regarding the liability issue, I have complained several times about the car alarms. Some people just do not believe that their car's motion detector will go off on a moving ferry. Go figure. I guess you just can't fix stupid. The corp. will not do anything about it as they have told me several times that if they ask people to turn their car alarms off, they assume liability for anything stolen out of those cars. Its a bs excuse but that is their reasoning.

Ive said in before and Ill say it again. Ill be wearing this in protest on the upperdecks in protest:

View attachment 34963
Something is going to have to give. And I invite all the truckers and other working drivers who's un-interupted lower deck naps contribute to safety and efficiency on the roads.
Aaahh so thats what FishT wears in his off time :)

Ive said in before and Ill say it again. Ill be wearing this in protest on the upperdecks in protest:

View attachment 34963
Something is going to have to give. And I invite all the truckers and other working drivers who's un-interupted lower deck naps contribute to safety and efficiency on the roads.
Whole outfit looks like it's going to give,at any moment

Back