BC Ferries to ban passengers from staying on closed vehicle decks

What? No more not sleeping while someone's car alarm blares over and over? I'll be on the 5:15am Friday to give it one last go.

Ive said in before and Ill say it again. Ill be wearing this in protest on the upperdecks in protest:

511a3f249ea7201f98357be06cac372f--funny-dresses-funny-videos.jpg
Something is going to have to give. And I invite all the truckers and other working drivers who's un-interupted lower deck naps contribute to safety and efficiency on the roads.

Stupid. For what we pay I figure it is a motel on the water. I sleep as soon as I can then wake up with enough time for a pee and drive off.
Safety my backside, they want to boost sales.

Ive said in before and Ill say it again. Ill be wearing this in protest on the upperdecks in protest:

View attachment 34963
Something is going to have to give. And I invite all the truckers and other working drivers who's un-interupted lower deck naps contribute to safety and efficiency on the roads.
Birdie - If I was the one checking the vehicles and I saw you sleeping in that outfit - I would let you sleep...

It's a strategy. They don't make money on you sitting below decks. This is a thought out business decision made in a boardroom. They must be having issues with the revenue on board. It's a stupid decision.

View attachment 34963

Post pictures please ;)

Old news, they said, in December 2016, it was going to be implemented for safety reasons. They cited the ferry accident where two people died on the Queen of the North as a contributing factor, but not the official cause.

I can deal with the enforcement of transport Canada rules, although I think it's excessive.

I think the smoking rules are actually more stupid. Put the smoking section outdoors at the back. How much damage will non-smokers sustain from occasionally being able to faintly smell cigarettes? Less than they get from switching on their barbecue, I'd guess.

Nanny state stupidity. Soccer moms and hand-wringers are going to ruin western civilization, and I'm only about 20% joking.

Get this... the union won't mandate its workers to ENFORCE this policy. That means that it's a policy, but nobody is going to give you a rough time about it. What are they going to do?

There is court precedence for unionized workers not to follow this rule as it is at odds with collective agreements. This was the Tech smelter in Trail. Union took it to court and won.

Get this... the union won't mandate its workers to ENFORCE this policy. That means that it's a policy, but nobody is going to give you a rough time about it. What are they going to do?
Could be a CYA scenario in anticipation of a potential lawsuit should there be an accident. You chose to stay below, you assumed the risk.If there's an accident and it involves people on the lower deck "well, we told you, not our problem".

I'm sure its a liability issue.

Back