Bamfield spring/summer reports 2010 - halis & spri

Status
Not open for further replies.
what kind of boat does OSAMA run ? and what lodge does he fish for? thought i saw him on the weekend not sure though, seems like the highliner out there !! i dont like tailgating guides but i might try and get in the general area sometime !!

lordofthesprings -- yeah i guess that came out the wrong way its just interesting to put the face to a boat and if iam passing by someone who i know does well it might be worth a stop-

quote:Originally posted by lordofthesprings

what kind of boat does OSAMA run ? and what lodge does he fish for? thought i saw him on the weekend not sure though, seems like the highliner out there !! i dont like tailgating guides but i might try and get in the general area sometime !!

lordofthesprings

Hes running that big ugly red boat with the white stripe.He parks it in the downtown core near the general store. Im sure he wouldnt mind if you followed him around.

Hey guys, we have two cottages left this weekend and if anyone from sportfishingbc.com is interested in coming out, the normal deal applies ($50 off per place per night). Osama is chartering one group, but we could take two other groups if there's interest in joining up...obviously the fishing has been good. One could be a charter. PM me if interested.

-millsy

quote:Originally posted by cohochinook

Had a great weekend. Did not fish today as I had to be back. Saturday got out in the am and only picked up 2 but nice size ones an 18 and 20. Wind kept us off the water in the pm.

Sunday got a couple more along with 15 pound hali. Most of the fish were stuffed with needle fish.

Most of the fish were hatchery. Sending in the heads. I supect I'll be thanking Charlie's tax dollars for these Salmon.;)

Wish I had more time!:D
My tax dollars at work! :D

He Guys

I'm heading out there in a couple weeks what would you say is the must have lures? I will be heading there June 10th do you think there will still be some hali's in close or do you have to run offshore?

Thanks
JAC

hewesonthefraser.jpg

Haha Kelly. Good one. That boat mostly moves to check prawn traps daily.
Cougar Gold. Austin - Mearse was about 70, 80, 90, and down to the bottom. Watch for the bottom as it can be grabby around there.
Needle fish hootchie.
Fishing is awesome but can change over night. Be prepared to move elsewhere to get the fish.
You don't have to go a long way off shore for Hali's but be prepared tp spend some time at it.
Email me if you need a report

www.rockypointcharters.ca

Osama's out right now on the pick, no hali's yet but just set up. 4 springs in the tub and 3 released in 50 minutues inside this morning at the Whistlebuoy all 12-15lbs...80 to the bottom on small spoons and anchovies. If that's not good May fishing I don't know what is. Cammer give your head a shake, the trollers catch fish but they don't catch them all...you need to learn how to share amigo. It's flat, but raining steady, will keep you posted on the hali's.

-millsy

Got our halis as well, 42, 58lbs.

Limit of snapper from 8 - 10lbs as well.

Fun day out there. Come hit it.

Gimee the gaff!!!

Got our halis as well, 42, 58lbs.

Limit of snapper from 8 - 10lbs as well.

Fun day out there. Come hit it.

Gimee the gaff!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back