Bamfield spring/summer reports 2010 - halis & spri

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any recent Barkley Sound Reports???? Heading out for a shake down cruise to test out the changes to my boat.

Thanks.

Searun

th_067.jpg

We got a few over the weekend at Swale, all teenagers on bait. We were mostly doing hali trips though and trying to get some good prawning in before the commercial gear went in the water on Saturday. There were 6 commercial guys out here, and it won't be long before they are mopped up...but I have to say it was pretty awesome before they showed, so it's no wonder they are here. Good hali fishing out here right now boys, the wind and the tides have been pretty good. Haven't ventured offshore yet, but the trollers are getting them although not big fish, but lot's of them out there. Some bigger springs up above which should be hitting the banks over the next couple of weeks.

Thanks Kelly, FD, Millsy and RVP...good reports. Heading out to see what damage we can do. Kelly, boat is in PA so local trips are out. I hope its been as good this year as last. Think I will venture over to Great Bear and Swale after dropping the traps.

Searun

th_067.jpg

Heading out to Bamfield this afternoon for an over night trip, going to try and get some feeders then hit up some Halibut off shore. Anyone had any luck lately for butts? just wondering how far we should run out? We are going to tie up at San Mateo Bay. So if any of you guys are out that way come tie up and have a few drinks on us. We will be in a 21 foot Blue striper.

Cheers,
Jeremy

quote:Originally posted by bacon

Heading out to Bamfield this afternoon for an over night trip, going to try and get some feeders then hit up some Halibut off shore. Anyone had any luck lately for butts? just wondering how far we should run out? We are going to tie up at San Mateo Bay. So if any of you guys are out that way come tie up and have a few drinks on us. We will be in a 21 foot Blue striper.

Cheers,
Jeremy

If you call "luck" at having 6 halis hooked within 3-4 hours and not bringing onboard even one of them, then I guess I must have been "lucky".[xx(]:(

Lol, Derby that was you I was talking too, about your balls...... lol to funny. We went to stay at San Mateo Bay, but the Prawn boats were there so we stayed at link island instead. hooked into a bunch of lings and cod but no butts. It was nice talking to you guys, thanks again for the info on your trip.

Cheers,
Jeremy

HaHa! Better look good when ya get there hey Pat!

Sorry no recent reports, just to bagged been chartering everyday for about 8 now.

Haven't salmon fished, been all bottom fishing - pics and details to come...

Gimee the gaff!!!

Lol, Derby that was you I was talking too, about your balls...... lol to funny. We went to stay at San Mateo Bay, but the Prawn boats were there so we stayed at link island instead. hooked into a bunch of lings and cod but no butts. It was nice talking to you guys, thanks again for the info on your trip.

Yes -I don't like it when my balls are glow -just the Chartuse [}:)]

How was the weather it looked like it was getting nasty down there?
:D

quote:Originally posted by Osama Bin Hopper

HaHa! Better look good when ya get there hey Pat!

Sorry no recent reports, just to bagged been chartering everyday for about 8 now.

Haven't salmon fished, been all bottom fishing - pics and details to come...

Gimee the gaff!!!

Been there (Sunday/Monday). Everything was clean on the deck, but at low tide we noticed a bunch of paper dumped onto the bottom of the bay:( Just hoping guys ask permission first, and then try to keep things clean and respect the cabin leaving it as good or better as when they found it. We don't want to get blamed by the Regional District for any mess as we will be held liable to keep it clean.

Searun

th_067.jpg

Made it out to Bamfield for a little bit of Bottom Fishing with Osama. Needless to say we had great time and thanks for inviting us and having us out Jeff. The weather was in our favour and the fishing was excellent to say the least. Even got to tell the GF she had a big BUTT as she caught the 70 pounder.....:D

Have a few pics to share if someone can let me know how it is done on this site.

Thanks

MM

quote:Originally posted by The Fog Ducker

Captain Kid

Screwed up my dates , I will be there next week for 4 day's , 27th - 31 st , sorry bro ,woulda been nice. takin up the big boat for the summer , fishin 3 day's , see if we can stir things up , will call ya when we get back ,

later Craig

Felix''

Fd...;)

thefogducker@hotmail.com

IMG_3509.jpg

Sorry to sound ignorant but do you do charters FD? I don't post alot on this site and don't follow all the "days of our lives stuff" so to speak:D.

"I'm not talkin bout pleasure boatin or day sailin......I'm talkin bout workin for a livin"- Captain Quint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back