Bamfield spring/summer reports 2010 - halis & spri

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:Originally posted by Sculpin

quote:Originally posted by The Fog Ducker

Captain Kid

Screwed up my dates , I will be there next week for 4 day's , 27th - 31 st , sorry bro ,woulda been nice. takin up the big boat for the summer , fishin 3 day's , see if we can stir things up , will call ya when we get back ,

later Craig

Felix''

Fd...;)

thefogducker@hotmail.com

IMG_3509.jpg

Sorry to sound ignorant but do you do charters FD? I don't post alot on this site and don't follow all the "days of our lives stuff" so to speak:D.

"I'm not talkin bout pleasure boatin or day sailin......I'm talkin bout workin for a livin"- Captain Quint

Hey Sculpin

I get asked that alot , I live here in Vancouver , don't have much time to guide , Just PLAY out there way too much , wonder why you ask ? , I've seen your posts , you have a nice rig yourself , seen you sleigh them last season , South Bank if I remember correctly, with your son i believe,

as far as the comment about " Day's of our lives " not sure what ya meant , all and all most of us get along here , A rant here and there is expected , lol , all good , don't take it personally , seen your Uki thread , don't think he was attacking your report , questioning the fishery is all i think ,

Mills landing
Rocky Point Charters

are the 2 big boys that guide most often there i believe , the ones i see most often anyway , alot more pop outta the woodwork come spring summer

cheers,,Felix,,,FD,,,:D

thefogducker@hotmail.com

IMG_3509.jpg

That's pretty cool that you can get out to play so often.

I edited my post in the other thread.[:I].

Thanks for the reply.

"I'm not talkin bout pleasure boatin or day sailin......I'm talkin bout workin for a livin"- Captain Quint

Thanks Fogducker for the info on how to post a picture on this site. Here are a few pics of our trip out to Bamfield.

Tight lines everyone....MM
IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_0154.jpg

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0109.jpg

IMG_0113.jpg

IMG_0114.jpg

IMG_0156.jpg

This last pic is not our fish but some people that we met whilst out there. Biggest Yellow Eye was 17 pounds!!!

IMG_0032.jpg

Thanks again Jeff, Sheldon and Wendy

MM

Looks like a great trip MM. Nice photos. Should make for some good eats:)

Springs showing this week at Meares, Whistle Buoy and Kirby.

Haven't been fishing them at all, but thats the reports.[8D]

Bottomfishing excellent.

Gimee the gaff!!!

Fished last weekend out front of the cabin (Uchuckleshet Inlet) - boys picked out the lure - orange and yellow coyote spoon with silver back - didn't think anything would happen.....
13 lb spring that my son brought in. That lure caught 2 other small keepers in Rainy Bay as well - weird colors.
Let me know if any of you try those colors and get success.

Hey searun the resort looks great, I stayed there last year during the derby on richard spencers boat. looks like you guys have done alot of work to her. Sorry for not asking to tie up there but we were in a jam.

Cheers,
Jeremy

No worries Bacon, main thing is we want guys who use the dock to make sure it is left clean and of course we don't have guests when we are using the cabin. For the most part guys have been very good about keeping the place clean and not damaging anything which is great. We have a lot more work to do to the dock and cabin, so it will look a lot better in a month when we are done.

Searun

th_067.jpg

right on, I live in PA and can always lend a hand if you guys need it. Its funny how I always talk to people at the ramp and then later find out that I talk to them all the time on here and had no clue it was them. I'm the guy usually in the 14 foot older red lund aluminum with a windshield with a 25hp newer merc on the back. I'm one the water at least a couple times a week or more. If any of you guys see me say hi! :)

Cheers,
Jeremy

Thanks, will do...I'm in the monster Grady White eating about 4 x as much fuel as your boat stopping at every tree buying carbon credits.:D

Searun

th_067.jpg

Hot Hot Hot!

Limits of springs in short order each day, limits of halibut yesterday for both of our boats, the only day we could really get out to do it. Wind has been a bit ruthless to say the least.

I even saw some forum members and even a lurker out there hitting the salmon hard this morning.

Official 'start' to the season as we begin to see the faces of the regulars on our dock, it's going to be great.

Fish from Pill to Ship, Meares and Whistle Buoy. Some large ones as well. I killed nothing over 15lbs but several other boats did. Tons of bait showing now so as long as that holds...

Damned commercial trollers anyway...;)

Gimee the gaff!!!

That is an encouraging report Jeff.Yes I do hope it holds. My nephews from the interior seen my pics from our trip and well you know what came next.
we will be out June 4-6th.
maybe see ya out there.

No place I would rather be (FISH ON)

X2 Jeff
Into the double digits in a couple of hours today ourselves. Most were 8 - 12 but up to 18 pounds for our group. This is inside fishing about 5 minutes from our dock. The fish are not just in one place but scattered all over the sound.
Whistle Bouy, Kirby, Mearse , Austin all great spots.
Can't imagine what it would have been like this weekend if the commercial boats didn't clean them all up.;)

www.rockypointcharters.ca

Had a great weekend. Did not fish today as I had to be back. Saturday got out in the am and only picked up 2 but nice size ones an 18 and 20. Wind kept us off the water in the pm.

Sunday got a couple more along with 15 pound hali. Most of the fish were stuffed with needle fish.

Most of the fish were hatchery. Sending in the heads. I supect I'll be thanking Charlie's tax dollars for these Salmon.;)

Wish I had more time!:D

Whistle Buoy was good this weekend for us. Biggest was 15 lbs. Also picked up a few small Hali there too.

Thanks Jeff for the tip to get us rolling!

BT

Good to hear...keep whackin em...I'm too busy whackin nails fixing our cabin...one of these days we will get out and wet a line. Pain for gain is how we are looking at it. Couple of weeks and we will be done and ready for the season.

Searun

th_067.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back