Awesome upcoming tides...

R

RVP

Judging by the listed tides, this weekend should be very nice for hali, salmon and other...

Uci, Nanaimo to French Creek, Courtney, Cambell River, Port McNeill, Port Hardy, Winter Harbour, Tahsis, outside Gold River, and Victoria/Sooke areas have all been sounding hot reports. Given the weather that we have had as of late, my belief is that this weekend will be a huge and successful venture for any angler who takes advantage of the opportunity to angle during this up coming weekend.

With the cost of fuel these days, consider new options, look into areas that are close to home and that offer easy access, with consistent and steady possitive reports of angler success. With that in mind concider drift jigs around structure, like pinicles or humps and bumps that come out of deeper water into 60 or 80 feet.

June 15 marks the opening for ling and other ground fish in many areas of the East Coast of Vancouver Island - before targetting groundfish species, be sure to check your synopsis, or visit the DFO wesite, and view the RCA [Rockfish Conservation Areas] closed areas...even if you only intend on angling for salmon.

Barbed hooks are ok for groundfish, like cod, snapper, ling, hali, etc. However when dual targetting for salmon and groundfish at the same time, or salmon on their own, it is mandatory to use barbless hooks if you intend on retaining any salmon in BC. Treble hooks, single hooks or tandom rigged combinations are all ok to use for salmon as long as the hook barbs are rendered non-functional.

Good luck and happy fishing this weekend...remember, if you are angling in the Nanaimo area, and have a successful day and would like to share your catch and stories with us, please come on into the Screaming Fish & Fly Sportfishing Centre and we will take a photo of you and your buddies holding your catch...we'll even print you a copy of the photo that we take.

RVP
Screaming Fish & Fly Sportfishing Centre
http://www.screamingfishfly.com

ph. 250-244-1011

Are you sure about barbs being okay for bottom fish? I thought everything in the ocean was barbless now.

That is why I troll for Rockfish at 30-60 ft with a anchovy. Although those stupid springs keep biting. Will keep you posted.

Ill be there around noon and have to replace both downrigger cabels, balls ,clips ect(dont ask) and couple coyotes and flashers.

got everything needed(dirtdog was that you i talked to?). crappy weather today i was looking forward to some fishing but its ugly. 65km/h+ winds recorded at ballenas[}:)]

Back