Aug. 20-21 JDF Derby Tix Still Available!!!

Whole in the Water

Still some tickets left for a huge $20K cash prize and massive prize pool with proceeds going to a great cause. If you don't have tickets now is the time to get em!

The final pub registration night is this coming Tuesday (Aug. 16) from 5-9 pm at the Tally Ho Sports bar, We will have tickets there for sale and those with tickets and who haven't made any of the 3 previous pub nights have their final night to pick up window stickers, rule booklets, hats, t-shirts and to enter any of the jackpots.

Tickets will be sold right up to Friday but any tickets sold after Tuesday will require that you meet up with myself at my convenience to get the items just mentioned. Tickets are purchased very easily online with either a Visa or Mastercard. Some are under the impression they need a Paypal account...you do not, just your credit card. The tournament is set up with Paypal to take those credit card payments. Cash ticket sales are available at our retail outlets. (Island Outfitters, Wise Buys, Alpine marine & Eagle Eye in Sooke)

Derby and prizes info as well as online ticket sales found here: http://jdfderby.ca/

The biggest and one of the last derbies of the season and one that is hoping to raise money for the Sooke Chinook net pen project that begins with egg collection in just a couple months. SVIAC memberships also fund the tireless lobbing work done by Chris Bos on behalf of both south Vancouver Island anglers and the fish we need in our streams to allow us to continue our pastime. I hope many of you will be joining us this coming weekend (August 20th & 21st) as a lot of work has gone into making this a great fishing and social weekend event. Oh did I forget there is $20,000.00 and bragging rights up for grabs too!!

Last edited:
Tickets are now selling briskly. I guess the recent hot fishing with some high 30's showing up combined with a hot summer weekend has the fence sitters deciding they are going fishing this weekend so they might as well win $20,000.00 cash if they find a big one. Good luck to all who have a ticket this weekend!!!!

Back