Another kicker mount thread

Damien

Sorry for the dumb question. I bought a used boat and is has this mounted, with holes above it, I assume for the gas and electrical lines that the previous owner ran.

My question is what other parts do I need to mount my kicker? Is there a piece that I mount my kicker to in order to slide the whole thing onto this affixed piece of aluminum?

I have a 5hp kicker that I would like to be able to take on and off.

I can't find any manufacturer name or part number on it anywhere.

Attachments

• kicker mount.jpg
    kicker mount.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 68
I'm not sure what you need but my old kicker bracket will be for sale now that I installed a new one. This would work great for your 5 horse. I used this one for a two stoke 6 horse and it works fine. My new four stroke 9.9 is too heavy for it though.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    358.4 KB · Views: 51
Looks like you will need a bracket very similar to the one Corey lax posted to slide into the mount you have.

Apparently I have a Garelick "adapter plate for aluminum motor brackets".

I need a 71040, 71042 or 71057 bracket.

I will assume that the bracket that slides into this adapter plate will need to be one of these models and brand speficific to fit and function properly.

Here is the dimensions of mine if you want to see if it will work with your adaptor. It's 9" long. 3/16" thick aluminum. 2" wide L-angles with 1-1/4" in between.

Attachments

• IMG_4822.JPG
    IMG_4822.JPG
    191.9 KB · Views: 17
Thanks, I prefer a fixed bracket though. I have had nothing but trouble with the adjustable ones over the years.

Back