ANGELOS W.T.F.

S

shake a paw

just heard that angelos is no longer making gear...wtf
they had 2 have been 1 of the biggest and or 1 of the best fishin companys out there.thats 2 bad cause i swear by there gear(or did).
well now what???whos gna take on that tall order???

shakes
spinnin pinnin and grinnin

Hey shakes were going to have to give Gord at COWICHAN FLY & TACKLE the buisness,,,,if he doesn'y have it his stoked store he will get it for you..... and for the tall and big guy---I am 6"4" and 280 he has outfitted me forom head to toe......[^]

ITS OUR PASSION TO FISH AND GET OUT OF DOORS...PLEASE...FISH LEGAL OR GET OFF THE RIVER!

Angelo's has never made any gear only imported it from China, if he's out of business someone will be along to pick up the slack.

billreidsalmon.jpg

quote:Originally posted by HOOTEY

Hey shakes were going to have to give Gord at COWICHAN FLY & TACKLE the buisness,,,,if he doesn'y have it his stoked store he will get it for you..... and for the tall and big guy---I am 6"4" and 280 he has outfitted me forom head to toe......[^]

ITS OUR PASSION TO FISH AND GET OUT OF DOORS...PLEASE...FISH LEGAL OR GET OFF THE RIVER!
While i hesitate to get in the way of your daily Gord's plug..... i believe that Angelo's is more of a manufacturer of tackle than a retailer

OK I just phoned Harv @ 3Vets in Vancouver, he told me that the one wholesaler in the Lower Rainland-Redl Sports-has stopped carrying Angelo's products.

Angelo's is not out of business and the rumour is that he's thinking of selling directly to stores so keep bugging your retailer if you want to see Angelo's on the shelves.

(Personally I never liked anything of his product except for the Hootchies.)

billreidsalmon.jpg

Whats Gords last name ?
Stopped in there the other day and forgot to ask him , is he a local ?
Been around this area since the 50's , married a girl from Lake Cowichan and don't recognize him.

AL

thanx every1...good 2 hear they r still up and runnin...
but 2 ask of anything from my local tackle store(gone fishing)is like asking 2 donate a lung...LOL
im gna have 2 go back 2 buying in bulk
shakes

spinnin pinnin and grinnin

Ahhhh OK spoke to the wife and she suspects its one of the March's from Honeymoon Bay maybe from the March family who had the farm and it became the Golf Course ?

AL

(OK I just phoned Harv @ 3Vets in Vancouver, he told me that the one wholesaler in the Lower Rainland-Redl Sports-has stopped carrying Angelo's products.

Angelo's is not out of business and the rumour is that he's thinking of selling directly to stores so keep bugging your retailer if you want to see Angelo's on the shelves.)

This is correct. He was direct before a deal with Redl was struck. The past 2 years has been challenging and he is now going direct again

(i believe that Angelo's is more of a manufacturer of tackle than a retailer)

He is more of a packager than a manufacturer. Purchasing swivels, hootchies, etc in bulk and repackaging into consumer friendly quantites.

(Angelo's has never made any gear only imported it from China, if he's out of business someone will be along to pick up the slack.)
most of the product he sells has been replaced by companies like Gibbs,Delta Tackle and one called Big River( look for "Uncle Fred's yarn in most stores)Everything he offers that sold well in the market place will be available this year under different brand names.

I heard the the big stinker was that Angelos made a deal direct with Wholesale Sports. Redl has stopped dealing with Angelos and Redl is who supplies our local stores. I have asked about clearance sales on old stock and if in the future they would buy direct from Angelos and I was told NO.

Funny how everyone always seems to say we need to support to little guys, like our local fishing stores. Yet the store owners support the big guys.

angelos products are still available. I am getting ready to place an order with him. If you let me know what you would like I will get it in and phone you on arrival. Gord 250-749-4964

Gord

quote:Originally posted by fishassassin123

I heard the the big stinker was that Angelos made a deal direct with Wholesale Sports. Redl has stopped dealing with Angelos and Redl is who supplies our local stores. I have asked about clearance sales on old stock and if in the future they would buy direct from Angelos and I was told NO.

Funny how everyone always seems to say we need to support to little guys, like our local fishing stores. Yet the store owners support the big guys.

don't believe all you hear. That is not the reason Angelo's is no longer sold through Redl Sports. Some dealers like Gord will still be dealing with Angelo others will change suppliers for reasons that concern them.

Back