more native fishery????

S

shake a paw

i just caught bits and pieces of this subject.....the port alberni natives will b given the right 2 sell fish where ever and whenever..4 whatever price.like i said im not sure if i heard it rite.has any1 heard this..or knows about this??please enlighten me...
shakes[8D]

spinnin pinnin and grinnin

http://www.sportfishingbc.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13737

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

The botton line is if J. Q. PUBLIC would stop buying the FN are entitled to for consumption and ceremomnial use then there would be NO MARKET____IN OTHER WORDS WHEN WHITEY GETS A BRAIN AND STOPS BUYING THE FISH FROM BEHIND THE PUBS OR SIDES OF THE ROAD THEN THE FISH WOULD ONLY BE GOOD FOR FN AS INTENDED!!!!![^]

ITS OUR PASSION TO FISH AND GET OUT OF DOORS...PLEASE...FISH LEGAL OR GET OFF THE RIVER!

If the BC court decision holds up and isn't appealed by the feds it doesn't matter anymore. They can sell whatever they want. (any fish, crab, shellfish etc) I guess that will put cheap product on the market making it even more difficult for the existing commercial license holders to make a go.

thanx every1 4 the info....that thread answered all my questions..and i got a very good laugh out of it aswell.
im gna have 2 say i agree and disagree.i agree because FN have been doin it 4 yrs..and it is there right.my wife and i have been doin it since 01 with roe on kelp.what i dont agree with is FN wasting fish or abusing our natural resourses.what i mean is...lets start of with the fish in the ditch here in the valley..or the many totes of fish in behind houses on reserves..or even freezers full of freezer burnt sox and coho..and the 50-60 buckets of roe on kelp rotting under a tarp.this **** pisses me off.no understatement...it makes me wanna turn green and come thru my shirt(hulk).so 2 give them this right..it should be handed out with right 2 b charged if abused.
so thanx again 4 the info....and thats my 2 bits.:)

shakes

spinnin pinnin and grinnin

Personally, I don't have a problem with that plan but any fish caught for this purpose should be counted as part of the overall"Commercial" catch and monitored as such. They should be held to the same restrictions as the commercial boys, such as incidental catches, net size restrictions, location and other rules. As well, there should be no in-river fisheries for commercial purposes.

As an afterthought, if this was deemed to be part of the "Commercial" alottmant, don't you think that those representing the commercial fisheries would be knocking on Ottawas door to have this overturned if it was going to cut into their iece of the pie.

Seafood, eat it, then catch more.

No "deals" with the FN ever go the way they are supposed to. This is just going to tempt them to over harvest even more than they already do. Our government needs to wake up and stop making the FN even more dependent on handouts.Maybe its time everyone gets treated equal? Must be nice to never have to work and get handouts your whole life. Most people have to get REAL jobs and contribute to society, which is the way it should be for everyone.

x10fishalot

ITS OUR PASSION TO FISH AND GET OUT OF DOORS...PLEASE...FISH LEGAL OR GET OFF THE RIVER!

Maybe this thread will turn into the un-moderated one. Always a hot topic which spawns, (pardon the pun), ugly feelings. [8D]

This issue does more to complicate proper fisheries management and enforcement. I see potential further harm to salmon, anytime fish come up against any commercial operation..the fish always loose. Look no further than recent history in any fishery around the globe.

Back