A bird in the hand

Lipripper

Since it is a slow time of year and I am waiting on some steel...

So... I was supposed to go out with Slabber today.. Winters have been worth it. Got up at six bells and heard the static. Went to the shop (read inclosed single car garage) in my ginch and looked out the back door..

Picked up the phone and called Slabber... RAIN, and a little wind, it was mutual..

Ain-t-Nobody-Got-Time-Fo-Dat-sweet-brown-31241125-480-330.jpg

So back to bed it was. It was glorious on this crap of a day till about 11 :D

I get up and surf the interwebs and watch TV for a couple hours. Couch days are something very rare for me, it was nice.

By 2 I was hungry so its time for some kinda lunch. Alfredo bistro hot pocket, or whatever the hell they are sounded good.

To the microwave.

Whack! (Glass doors)

Corner of the eye I see this little ******* make his way to chair. A starling looking thing with a black head

Go downstairs, grab shoes, walk out on the deck and pick him up...

The wife was wondering what we should have for dinner.... So what do you do? Instinctively walk down stairs with a bird in the hand... shove it in said wife's face and say this is for dinner. :D

I should have taken some pics of the thing... By this time it is kinda gasping for air and trying to figure out what just slapped him in the face mid flight... Pics would have been easy.

I felt bad for the guy though.. Took him to the shop, grabbed a box, put a towel in there and closed up with a reel on top. He just had to shake it off and I wasn't going to leave him out there... The cat was out and that one is a whole other story.............

My alfredo bistros are done by now and thats all this story started with... but I had to wash my hands cause this arse chit on me.....

Alfredo bistros things were good...

I thought, cool. I have to grab the kids from school in 20 minutes and they might like to see him.

I knew the thing just needed a few minutes to gather his bearings. After telling the kids about the bird and that we'll check on him when we get home..

We get home, close up the shop.... I open the box.. The thing flies out at 90.

Two young kids pissing them selves cause this little pecker is ripping around the shop and determined to bust my florescent lights trying get home... He decided that it wasn't working and took a rest on the garage door rails.

I opened the backdoor and it flew right out... The youngest says "Is he going to come back?"

I watched as it landed on the closest branch of the closest tree... You could see it thinking "WTF just happened"

I helped a W-hee bird today... What did you do? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a large wood pecker slam into our front window a couple weeks ago. He sat in a tree for a few minutes shaking out the cobwebs before moving along. Good thing Bald Eagles aren't that careless.

Back