anchovies herring sardines big or small

D

dog

Looking for advice on bait size for fishing the Vancouver area. Why do some guys prefer Anchovies, and some guys like Herring? Was just reading in the local paper about a Sardine Festival in Steveston Sept 1. They will probably be selling them (Sardines) on the docks. Never had luck with large Herring for Cap coho but I am thinking about trying some big Herring I just saw in the fish shop in Steveston for Fraser Springs. They are around 10 inches long and fat.

quote:Originally posted by dog

Looking for advice on bait size for fishing the Vancouver area. Why do some guys prefer Anchovies, and some guys like Herring? Was just reading in the local paper about a Sardine Festival in Steveston Sept 1. They will probably be selling them (Sardines) on the docks. Never had luck with large Herring for Cap coho but I am thinking about trying some big Herring I just saw in the fish shop in Steveston for Fraser Springs. They are around 10 inches long and fat.

hey dog. for cap Cohoes use the 5.25 inch 'chovies. For larger fish use the large Anchovies...6" ones.

Dog, email me please..have some useful info for you about one of our FAVORITE fishing spots.

Dog.
Best place to buy the best chovies in the city is Barrys on Westminster hwy. Great product and it is working:D:D:D

FM- going out this week?

Thanks. I got a very nice pack of lethal weapon 5 inch anchovies from Berrys Friday. Forgot them in the freezer when we went out Saturday. Anyway, they are definitely good looking fish. I was thinking about Sardines because I think a friend picked one up (Pilchard) off the Bell Saturday, and I have also picked one up off T10 myself.

quote:Originally posted by flytyer

Dog.
Best place to buy the best chovies in the city is Barrys on Westminster hwy. Great product and it is working:D:D:D

FM- going out this week?

Most definitely going fishing this week!!!!!

As a matter of fact, I'd ditch work right now for the rest of the week if I could..the incentive is just that strong after the fishing report and fish I saw my buddies come to shore with yesterday......but I can't my integrity wins out...

That's ok...the anticipation....as good as fishing itself! :) :) er....maybe not... er...definitely NOT in this case...

Back