Anchor set up

nedarb2

I know this has been beaten to death so sorry for bringing it up again, but i cant seem to find the asnwer anywhere.

Im getting an anchor setup together for myself, currenty have the following:

anchor, with 20' of chain attached to the bottom and zapstrapped up the anchors arm, attached to 450' rope. I have this rope going through a puller ring which is attached with 4' rope to a scotsman. Now heres the question: what do you guys use at the end of the rope to stop it from sliding through the pull ring.
I know im supose to have it attached to something which is also where my 40' rope from my boat will clip onto. Sorry if i missed the answer to this somewhere but i couldnt find it after an hour of searching around.
nedarb

Nothing, the chain pulls through the ring until it stops.
the heavy part of the chain is hanging in the water preventing the
anchor from dropping back down.

other end of the rope, sorry for the confusion rs.
so if i was to unclip my boat from the rope, whats going to stop the surface end from sliding down through the pull ring and onto ther ocean floor.

try a small float located about 3 or 4' from the clip, too big to go through the ring
and it will stay floated close to the surface making for an easy retrieve.

Awesome thanks. Now im sure every anchoring question imagineable has been discussed ;)

I use a big shackle..which I snap my intermediate line (scotsman to boat) to with a stainless snap. I also use a stainless snap with a threaded locking latch from the scotsman to the sliding ring...no rope. I want to avoid anything tangling and preventing the scotsman from sliding.

Back