Aluminum Fabricator

fishnwhenIcan

Hey guys,

I’m looking for some recommendations on a good aluminum fabricator to do some work on my 04 21’ North River Seahawk.
The boat has the well style transom not the offshore floatation pod. I’ve pondered my options on whether to sell it and upgrade a few years to get that option but looking at the newer boats by the time I sell mine, find one, pay the difference and give the government another rude amount in taxes maybe I should just do mine.

The boat only has 220hrs on it with a 150hp Yamaha and all the goodies including radar and TR1. So it really has everything I need. What I would like is a little more fishing room, a little more speed , quicker on plane, an engineered in transom cleaning station and most of all a little more off shore security especially in a following sea.

I thought about dragging it down to North River and have them do it but they’ve never returned my calls and maybe I can do some things a little different, hopefully better.

I’ve been doing some reading on some other forums and have seen some shops recommended down south that seem to do a good job for instance http://www.motionmarine.com/archive-swim-decks.asp. These guys seem to do some nice work and what they are showing is pretty much what I want done but they are down in Portland and I would prefer to keep the money in Canada. Plus it would be nice to keep an eye on it and be available to approve any design changes.

It’s coming to that time of year when I won’t mind downing the boat for a bit but I don’t want to leave it with someone I have to fight with to get it back for next spring. Been there done that.

Any thoughts guys?

I’ve got to get out and get some things done so I’ll check back for any responses tonight.

Thanks in advance,
Harry

Revolution Welding in Nanaimo has did work on my boat they did an awesome and great service no compliants

Tyler boats there building me a brand new boat and can build anything you could want. Give them a call you will most likely save some money.

Check out variety marine at shelter island marina. Ken Tangedal. One of the best all around boat fixing guys in the lower mainland.he will fabricate anyhing for your boat and it will look like original , not an add on. 604-270-2076

Hi fishnwhenIcan, I have had him fabericate up a hard top to tie into my radar arch also cut and fabericat built in fish lockers for my boat his name is Frank 250 714 8141

Thanks Paul, JAC and Hali.

That gives me 3 places to start with.

I've been watching your build JAC, should be quite the boat when she's done.

I'll probably lean towards talking with Ken over at Variety first. I'll see if he's interesed in it. He's the closest to me and I like Hali's comment about making it look like it came with it from the factory. That would be nice.

Check out variety marine at shelter island marina. Ken Tangedal. One of the best all around boat fixing guys in the lower mainland.he will fabricate anyhing for your boat and it will look like original , not an add on. 604-270-2076

+1

Ken has fabricated some smaller stuff for me in the past, he is a great guy to deal with.

Last year ken turned a aluminum ex fish lodge boat into a beautiful sportsfishing machine. You will not be disapointed.

Thanks again Hali!

It puts my mind at ease knowing he does good work. Now i just need to see it it's something he has any interest in taking on or has the time for.

Back