Aluminum Boat Deck-any ideas??

gamechanger

Hi guys, my rubber matting on my boat deck is getting pretty old and I'm considering replacing it with something new. I yanked it out the other day to wash it down and forgot how heavy it was until then...functional but heavy. With fuel prices going the way they are I was thinking maybe I could go with something lighter and wondered if anyone had any ideas as to what they have down under their feet?

Thanks, B

IS IT a self bailing deck? Would you be OK with non slip tape? The stuff they use on skateboards is both cheap and available---

check out pg 11 of my Bad Habits build thread...I am going with a checkerplate floor that I'm having sandblasted for added traction to replace the old wood/vinyl floor.

Material would run you a few hundred dollars to start...I've attached pictures of the blasted floor..

I was hoping for something light and non-slip (rubber matting ie), but will prob go non-slip if I can't find any good material or matting to put on.

Rhino Hide or Line-X spray in box liner. Light and tuff as nails

This will sound lame but... try the 2' square foam mats for toddlers playrooms ( walmart is $9 for 16 sq ft.) Its light, easy on your feet, close cell foam so doesn't absorb water, cuts with anything and drys quick. If I'm not too rough it lasts two years

interlock rubber squares from home chepot,, much lighter than the big roll up types..

I put in the bottom of my weld aluminum boat the roll of rubber checker plate matting that Cosco sells for your garage to show off your hot rod

I just leave mine bare aluminum and rinse when it get's slimey. It works well for us. (It's checker plate.)

Back