All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
April 5, 2021
https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021PREM0024-000634

Province shifts to Phase 3: millions to book vaccine appointments online​

All eligible adults in B.C. will soon be able to follow an easy, three-step process to register and book their vaccine appointments online, as the Province moves to Phase 3 of B.C.’s COVID-19 Immunization Plan ahead of schedule.

“British Columbians faced the countless challenges of this past year with incredible courage,” said Premier John Horgan. “Today marks a major milestone in our fight against COVID-19, and we ask everyone to wait their turn and follow three steps to help put this pandemic behind us.”

There are three easy steps to register to book your vaccine appointment:

1. Register: First, register when it is your turn and get a confirmation code.
  2. Book: Book a vaccine appointment when you get an email, text or phone call telling you you are eligible to book, based on your age.
  3. Get vaccinated: Visit a vaccine clinic to get your vaccine dose.
Starting at 8 a.m. (Pacific time), on Tuesday, April 6, 2021, people born in 1950 and earlier (71 and older), Indigenous peoples 18 and older, and those who are clinically extremely vulnerable may register to book their vaccine appointment through the Province’s new ‘Get Vaccinated’ system in one of three ways:

• online at: gov.bc.ca/getvaccinated
  • by telephone through a provincial call centre (toll-free) at 1 833 838-2323
  • in-person at the nearest Service BC location.
“We encourage everyone in B.C. to get their vaccine at their first opportunity, when it is their turn,” said Adrian Dix, Minister of Health.

Check in regularly to know when it is your turn to register: gov.bc.ca/getvaccinated

To preserve system capacity, please wait until your age cohort is called to register.

“With more vaccine supply, we are taking an important step into Phase 3 of our immunization plan, and I encourage anyone who has questions to go to the BC Centre for Disease Control website to learn more about the safe and effective vaccines we have here in B.C.,” said Dr. Bonnie Henry, provincial health officer. “Every vaccine delivered makes all of us safer – let’s keep our momentum going and get everyone who wants one, their first dose by Canada Day.”

People aged 55 to 65 on the Lower Mainland continue to be eligible to book an appointment to receive the AstraZeneca vaccine at a participating pharmacy near them:
www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/pharmacy
More news to expand B.C.’s AstraZeneca program through pharmacies in other regions will come in the days ahead.

“We have worked diligently and tirelessly to get this online registration, booking and tracking system ready for British Columbians,” said Dr. Penny Ballem, executive lead, B.C.’s COVID-19 immunization program. “I want to thank the regional health authorities for delivering the clinics. Now, with the help of the new online and single phone number system, we’re ready to move onto the next phase of the largest vaccination program in B.C. history.”

To date, nearly 770,000 eligible British Columbians – or one in six – have received their first dose of vaccine, and more than 87,000 have received their second dose. If B.C.’s vaccine supply is delivered as scheduled, everyone in B.C. who is eligible for the vaccine will receive their first dose by the end of June.

Learn More:

On April 6, 2021, gov.bc.ca/getvaccinated will be available in 12 different languages.

For language assistance with registration, call (toll-free) 1 833 838-2323, available in 140 different languages.

For technical immunization information, visit the BC Centre for Disease Control’s website: www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/covid-19-vaccine

For more information on what to expect when you go to get vaccinated for COVID-19, visit:
www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/covid-19-vaccine/getting-a-vaccine

Q1 completed. Much more coming over the next few weeks. I know many didn't think we would see the 6 million that were promised but those that guessed under promise and over deliver were in fact right. 7.4 million

Ex6lI30U8AAL8Cm

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-hea...19-vaccine-treatment/vaccine-rollout.html#a4a

April 5, 2021
10 million vaccine doses delivered, time to get them into arms.
https://www.canada.ca/en/public-hea...19-vaccine-treatment/vaccine-rollout.html#a4a

EyRgIxnVgAAjnaT

We will see who has their plans in place and who can pivot if things aren't working as planned.
“Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Mike Tyson

April 5, 2021
EyRjmL4UYAIL2qV

https://covid19tracker.ca/vaccinationtracker.html

Last edited:
With the recent outbreak at a Prince Rupert LTC that has been vaccinated with only 1 shot, the government needs to pull its head out of its @$$. We are sacrificing lifes that can be saved in an attempt to mitigate the damage done by the Liberals’ failure to procure enough life-saving vaccines for the Canadian public in time.

Last edited:
Wife registered us both on line this morning as we are both born 1950. Received a prompt confirmation # email that they will be in contact with us for booking. Went on at 8 am and done by 8:15 am. Tried the 800# first with poor results, either dead air or recorded message that to call back later, too busy. I tried the on line process and got nowhere so I gave up as I expect throughout the day it should improve. Now we wait? In my opinion as stated by others this process should have been implemented and in place months ago.
Update 10:00 am: Booked for 8:45 am this Saturday. Encouraging process.

Last edited:
were on essential travel orders still and BC ferries puts on extra sailings on the long weekend lol

were on essential travel orders still and BC ferries puts on extra sailings on the long weekend lol

So let's say they don't respond to the increased demand, so that the 20% of people who are traveling for essential reasons can't get on the ferry, does that seem reasonable? The essential travel thing isn't enforced, or even enforceable.

So let's say they don't respond to the increased demand, so that the 20% of people who are traveling for essential reasons can't get on the ferry, does that seem reasonable? The essential travel thing isn't enforced, or even enforceable.

I did not make any conclusions from it i just thought it's an example of why we should not be surprised that cases are increasing or be surprised if cases on the island increase.

This is interesting...

Update: wife is off isolation and back at work, still feels a little off but 10 days house arrest will do that. I’m off isolation tomorrow, i assume I didn’t catch covid as no symptoms and have felt fine the whole time. I had 1 dose of Pfizer and we did our best to isolate in the houses common spaces. Wife had barely any cough/mucous issues, so her mild case probably helped. Luckily a good outcome, my bro in Denver caught it and him and his wife had similar experiences. Happy no blood clots, tia’s or other permanent effects that we know yet.

With the Astra blood clot issue, is there any reason they could not just give those who get it a bottle of 81 mg Aspirin at the time they get vacinated? Aspirin is dirt cheap and one assumes could reduce the risk, small as it is.

Last edited:
With the Astra blood clot issue, is there any reason they could not just give those who get it a bottle of 81 mg Aspirin at the time they get vacinated? Aspirin is dirt cheap and one assumes could reduce the risk, small as it is.
Not that simple. My brother was on aspirin and still had a stroke (not covid related).

This is interesting...

St. Luke's chief medical officer fact checks a doctor's anti-vax claims​

"I'm afraid this is more from our anti-vax colleagues to stoke fear and misinformation instead of science."

"Average COVID-19 death, 78.6. Average age of death in North America every year, 78.6, that's fascinating," Dr. Ryan Cole told lawmakers a meeting at the Idaho State Capitol Building. The statement elicited an eruption of laughs from legislators.

Cole, who owns and runs Cole Diagnostics, a testing lab in Garden City, made claims that the mRNA COVID-19 vaccines could cause cancer and medication for parasites in horses could be used to fight the virus instead of other proven treatments

More:
https://www.ktvb.com/article/news/l...ouse/277-28e346f7-dd40-4dfc-9cbe-d8edbf576c34

With the recent outbreak at a Prince Rupert LTC that has been vaccinated with only 1 shot, the government needs to pull its head out of its @$$. We are sacrificing lifes that can be saved in an attempt to mitigate the damage done by the Liberals’ failure to procure enough life-saving vaccines for the Canadian public in time.

Your jumping to conclusions based on what exactly?
How do you know that they even got a shot, they could be one of the ones that passed on the vaccine.
How do I know they could have passed? We have that data.
http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/data
We also know that 5% of the population do not build enough immune response not to get covid-19. So if 100 people in that facility got vaccinated chance are there would be 5 that fall into that category.

Lastly Quebec has gone with only one shot across the whole province so if this is a problem it would show up there first and we would be able to adjust as needed. They are tracking this very closely.

Source for Quebec vaccine.
https://covid19tracker.ca/provincevac.html?p=QC

Your jumping to conclusions based on what exactly?
How do you know that they even got a shot, they could be one of the ones that passed on the vaccine.
How do I know they could have passed? We have that data.
http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/data
We also know that 5% of the population do not build enough immune response not to get covid-19. So if 100 people in that facility got vaccinated chance are there would be 5 that fall into that category.

Lastly Quebec has gone with only one shot across the whole province so if this is a problem it would show up there first and we would be able to adjust as needed. They are tracking this very closely.

Source for Quebec vaccine.
https://covid19tracker.ca/provincevac.html?p=QC

Gil, very good point. I had read an article saying all residents had the first shot, but I cant find it? However even with both shots your right ~5% would still catch it. But dam near 100% wont end up in the hospital with 2 shots.

On the same hand with one shot ~20% will still catch it. I have read some articles saying that results from Europe show that seniors may even be lower efficiency.?.? Hopefully the one shot will keep them out of the hospital.

It's just not right though how the citizens of Canada,,, our loved ones are part of a experiment. While the likelyhood may be low, I dont want my loved ones being a statistic. Pepole like my mother wont survive covid. I work with a great man who had a double lung transplant. He only gets one shot.... For him, covid is fatal.

I do feel that healthy pepole should wait to get a shot. We owe our seniors a second shot first. One life is to many. Thousands of Healthy pepole in Canada catch covid every day and recover with out issues. I now know of 12 pepole who have had it and they all recovered with in a week. It was not fun, but they recovered. I personally would rather catch it and suffer for a week, then have someone die because I took their second shot.

This is just my opinion. I dont want to push it on anyway. It's what makes me feel better and helps me sleep at night.

I do admit to being sensitive to the subject of a second shot. I will be honest that every day I stress for my mother. She is one freaking shot away from having the best chance she has at seeing my kids grow up. My emotions can jump ahead of me with this subject.

Gil, very good point. I had read an article saying all residents had the first shot, but I cant find it? However even with both shots your right ~5% would still catch it. But dam near 100% wont end up in the hospital with 2 shots.

On the same hand with one shot ~20% will still catch it. I have read some articles saying that results from Europe show that seniors may even be lower efficiency.?.? Hopefully the one shot will keep them out of the hospital.

It's just not right though how the citizens of Canada,,, our loved ones are part of a experiment. While the likelyhood may be low, I dont want my loved ones being a statistic. Pepole like my mother wont survive covid. I work with a great man who had a double lung transplant. He only gets one shot.... For him, covid is fatal.

I do feel that healthy pepole should wait to get a shot. We owe our seniors a second shot first. One life is to many. Thousands of Healthy pepole in Canada catch covid every day and recover with out issues. I now know of 12 pepole who have had it and they all recovered with in a week. It was not fun, but they recovered. I personally would rather catch it and suffer for a week, then have someone die because I took their second shot.

This is just my opinion. I dont want to push it on anyway. It's what makes me feel better and helps me sleep at night.

I do admit to being sensitive to the subject of a second shot. I will be honest that every day I stress for my mother. She is one freaking shot away from having the best chance she has at seeing my kids grow up. My emotions can jump ahead of me with this subject.
100% agree. I’d rather half of Canadians get properly vaccinated with 2, than all of us getting 1.

100% agree. I’d rather half of Canadians get properly vaccinated with 2, than all of us getting 1.
If the data holds, that's a pretty clearly wrong statement...so far its holding here, and more jurisdictions are finding the same.

Better to vaccinate 10 million with 80%efficacy and play catchup when supply chains are established, than to poke 5 at the specified interval and leave 5 million completely unprotected.

Having said that, it all depends on that one shot efficacy. If it drops to say 50% the math changes completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back