All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speaking to a rally that drew about 200 people to the streets of downtown Vancouver, Rebecca Matthews, owner of Corduroy, announced her plans to open her restaurant at 4 p.m. She invited attendees to “come down and have some food inside,” drawing cheers from the crowd.

In her speech, she questioned the accuracy of COVID-19 testing, railed against the media, and said she has “lost all trust in our government.”

Speaking to a rally that drew about 200 people to the streets of downtown Vancouver, Rebecca Matthews, owner of Corduroy, announced her plans to open her restaurant at 4 p.m. She invited attendees to “come down and have some food inside,” drawing cheers from the crowd.

In her speech, she questioned the accuracy of COVID-19 testing, railed against the media, and said she has “lost all trust in our government.”
200 out of 2,606,000? :rolleyes:
You're not supposed to 'trust' the government. That is why we vote. :cool:

That incident at the Port Moody pub only had 20 guests initially in there but then it was spread to 300 . Imagine what that 200 something could do, especially with the new variants and how fast they transmit. All it takes is only 1 freakin’ idiot to put a lot of folks in trouble.

Lady owns another restaurant as well. Great way to tank your reputation. She may think she has support, but in the longer run I think it will come back to bite her.

As to Corduroy I know it well it's just down the street from me and 30 people in that place make a crowd ; that being said it has been hit hard by restrictions and I'm surprised it's still in business.

I get businesses are frustrated. We all are. There isn't one business really that hasn't had to re-align with the challenges of this disease. As with any business though you have a responsibility to you, and your customers. There are ways to make statements without taking your business down, and reputation with it. Not a great move.

1 in 10 new cases in the past 7 days were linked to travel within BC.

If you have recently returned from traveling and experience even mild symptoms, get tested.

Stay COVID safe:

• Essential travel only
• Reduce the number of social contacts
• Continue hand washing, keeping apart and wearing masks
We’re almost there! Do your part and continue to be COVID smart.

EyEvMF0UUAAtt2a

https://www.facebook.com/VanIslandHealth/

Attachments

• VI story April 3 2021.jpg
    VI story April 3 2021.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
April 3, 2021

“To date, 856,801 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca-SII COVID-19 vaccines have been administered in B.C., 87,455 of which are second doses.

“We are working hard to deliver an easy-to-use provincial booking system for all British Columbians and know everyone is eager to book their appointment, beginning next week.

“Right now, vaccine bookings for people 72 and older, Indigenous peoples 18 and over, and individuals who are clinically extremely vulnerable continue throughout the long weekend. The AstraZeneca/COVISHEILD vaccine is also available to people between the ages of 55 and 65 on the Lower Mainland – B.C.’s highest transmission area.

“In partnership with the BC Pharmacy Association, we plan to expand the AstraZeneca vaccine program outside of the Lower Mainland by the end of next week to more communities throughout the province, including Dawson Creek, Fort St. John, Kamloops, Kelowna, Nanaimo, Parksville, Prince George, Quesnel, Terrace, Vernon and Victoria.

“An important reminder for everyone is that we should not be travelling outside our community or health authority for vacation or recreation right now. Consider day trips only or staying overnight in a local campground or hotel. We have seen too many cases of people travelling outside their health authority region and not using their layers of protection, leading to outbreaks and clusters in their home community.

“These outbreaks are avoidable, and right now we must stay within our local region — for the safety of your community and for others.”

https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021HLTH0024-000633

"The AstraZeneca/COVISHEILD vaccine is also available to people between the ages of 55 and 65 on the Lower Mainland – B.C.’s highest transmission area."

Why would anyone take that vaccine with its issues with sometimes fatal platelet conditions? They may not be common, but the other vaccines have not shown such serious adverse events, and efficacy is lower than the Pfizer/Moderna vaccines.

"The AstraZeneca/COVISHEILD vaccine is also available to people between the ages of 55 and 65 on the Lower Mainland – B.C.’s highest transmission area."

Why would anyone take that vaccine with its issues with sometimes fatal platelet conditions? They may not be common, but the other vaccines have not shown such serious adverse events, and efficacy is lower than the Pfizer/Moderna vaccines.

I'd say this is why, excerpt from the article from a researcher:

While his team continues to investigate what exactly causes this reaction, Greinacher said that there are far fewer people developing this antibody response than are getting sick with COVID-19.

“The number of individuals being severely sickened by the pandemic, by COVID-19, outnumber those who suffer from the vaccination reaction by several orders of magnitude,” he said.

While he said it is not up to him who is approved for the vaccine and who isn’t, he doesn’t think stopping vaccinations is the right decision.

“It would be dangerous to stop vaccination, only because of the fear, for a very rare adverse event,”he said.

Thinking about the dangers we face each day, driving a car on a busy highway, riding a bicycle in major cities, they are far greater risks than the clotting issue associated with the AstraZeneca vaccine, he said.

“Running down the road with a motorcycle is by far, far, far more dangerous than getting the vaccine,” he said. “Take 1.4 million motorcycle riders, let them drive two weeks, how many severe accidents, you will see.”

Alberta reports 'significant' outbreak of COVID-19 Brazil variant, province adds 550 more variant cases Saturday​

"The investigation is currently underway, including testing for variants. We will provide a detailed update on Monday when we have more detailed information available"

April 3, 2021

Health officials are investigating a ‘significant’ outbreak of the Brazil COVID-19 variant, Alberta’s top doctor said Saturday, as the province recorded an additional total 550 new variant cases.

Chief medical officer of health Dr. Deena Hinshaw said on Twitter the outbreak is linked to a returned traveller and Alberta Health Services (AHS) is reaching out to anyone who is at risk of exposure.

Neither Alberta Health nor AHS answered questions by Postmedia about where the outbreak occurred, or the total cases linked to the outbreak so far.

“AHS will ensure that anyone at risk is isolated, offered testing twice and connected with supports if needed,” Hinshaw said in a tweet. “We are all protecting each other, so let’s all please keep making safe choices, following the health measures in place and preventing the spread of COVID-19.”

Alberta Health spokesman Tom McMillan said in an email to Postmedia Saturday the new Brazil P.1. variant outbreak started with a person who travelled outside Canada.

“The investigation is currently underway, including testing for variants. We will provide a detailed update on Monday when we have more detailed information available,” he said in an email.

All travellers coming into Canada are legally required to quarantine in a hotel while awaiting COVID-19 test results, with some exceptions for essential workers. Travellers must then stay at home for the remaining 14 days of their quarantine.

McMillan said Alberta Health didn’t have information on if the traveller bypassed quarantine.

“Hotel quarantine is a federal requirement in place at all international airports,” McMillan said.

More:
https://edmontonjournal.com/news/lo...reak-of-brazil-variant-investigation-underway

I'd say this is why, excerpt from the article from a researcher:

While his team continues to investigate what exactly causes this reaction, Greinacher said that there are far fewer people developing this antibody response than are getting sick with COVID-19.

“The number of individuals being severely sickened by the pandemic, by COVID-19, outnumber those who suffer from the vaccination reaction by several orders of magnitude,” he said.

While he said it is not up to him who is approved for the vaccine and who isn’t, he doesn’t think stopping vaccinations is the right decision.

“It would be dangerous to stop vaccination, only because of the fear, for a very rare adverse event,”he said.

Thinking about the dangers we face each day, driving a car on a busy highway, riding a bicycle in major cities, they are far greater risks than the clotting issue associated with the AstraZeneca vaccine, he said.

“Running down the road with a motorcycle is by far, far, far more dangerous than getting the vaccine,” he said. “Take 1.4 million motorcycle riders, let them drive two weeks, how many severe accidents, you will see.”
That is NOT the situation, While it might be an accurate analogy where the AZ vaccine is the ONLY choice, and the choice is get AZ or nothing one could make that argument, at least for older people. The choice people here 55-65 will have to make is do you get an AZ shot, maybe get it a bit earlier than if you held out for Pfizer/Moderna , and take the risk which seems to be between 1 in 100,000 and 1 in 500,000 of a serious adverse event, Your chances of getting Covid on any given day are about 1/10,000, and the chances of a 55-65 year old healthy person dying IF they get it are less than 1/200 So quick math puts your chance of getting AND dying from Covid at about 1 in 2 million per day (about the same odds as getting 5 out of 6 numbers plus the bonus on the 649) . I think I'd hold out for Pfizer or Moderna. Easy for me to say I guess as I have had 2 shots of Pfizer, but I would NOT take the AZ shot given the situation and odds if I was not yet vaccinated.

That is NOT the situation, While it might be an accurate analogy where the AZ vaccine is the ONLY choice, and the choice is get AZ or nothing one could make that argument, at least for older people. The choice people here 55-65 will have to make is do you get an AZ shot, maybe get it a bit earlier than if you held out for Pfizer/Moderna , and take the risk which seems to be between 1 in 100,000 and 1 in 500,000 of a serious adverse event, Your chances of getting Covid on any given day are about 1/10,000, and the chances of a 55-65 year old healthy person dying IF they get it are less than 1/200 So quick math puts your chance of getting AND dying from Covid at about 1 in 2 million per day (about the same odds as getting 5 out of 6 numbers plus the bonus on the 649) . I think I'd hold out for Pfizer or Moderna. Easy for me to say I guess as I have had 2 shots of Pfizer, but I would NOT take the AZ shot given the situation and odds if I was not yet vaccinated.

I get that there are more vaccines. However, you have to also factor in that you won't be vaccinated. Each day you are not vaccinated you still have a chance of getting and further spreading the disease. So, you wait another 60 days and you do leave yourself quite exposed. Obviously, if I had a free choice right now I'd take Pfizer.

Additionally, just months ago people were all up in arms about the risks of taking M-RNA vaccines as they hadn't been widely used. I think the risks are low enough for me to take the vaccine, I am comfortable based on what I have read.

they are probably thinking the same thing about bc plates right now, lol. the ferries are packed for the weekend too, worst possible time to do this **** as we are so close to most being vaccinated , I really feel for the hospital staff who have to deal with the outcome. henry and dix need to be hung out to dry, there had to be severe consequences for covidiots to keep everyone inline. they tuned henry out months ago yet she talks like you do to young kids to be good, it's effin pathetic imho. the prov govt can only blame themselves for not staying on top of it.

Last edited:

CDC infection fatality rate for this age group is roughly 6000 fatalities per 1,000,000 infections, which yes is roughly 1 in 200. This data does not EXCLUDE extremely unhealthy people in this age group with comorbidities who are making up almost all of the fatalities. I would suggest that truly healthy people in this age bracket have a much lower IFR, even if infected. Data needs to be interpreted correctly if you're going to be basing your decisions from it.

they are probably thinking the same thing about bc plates right now, lol.
You think a pile of bc residents are holidaying in alberta right now? If that’s the case....which I highly doubt.....then those British Columbians should be staying home also instead of being assholes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back