All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
That puts countries like Seychelles ahead of us when they have only received 41,694 doses.
So your right it is a joke how some need to twist themself into a pretzel to score points.

so what you're saying is an east african country with a population the fraction of canada's has been able to secure and administer more doses per population then the 10 largest economy in the world aka canada.

i can see why some might get a bit twisted about that

so what you're saying is an east african country with a population the fraction of canada's has been able to secure and administer more doses per population then the 10 largest economy in the world aka canada.

i can see why some might get a bit twisted about that
I think until you stop trolling me I'm going to continue to ignore you.

Good job I have been away from this post for awhile. I still read only 1 poster who thinks they are the only one correct. All other data, opinions or posts are called names. You actually accused other parties of lying??? There is ONLY 1 party leader who has been convicted/proven twice of lying in Canadian history with a probable 3rd inbound.

As for Canadas bad response and incapable ability to vaccine Canadians, I am sure there are many reasons, I would say one is the dictator leadership style of snr politicians dictating Canada. If number data is right Canada is still way behind where you would expect us to be.

HM out.

Last edited:
It was mentioned that ranting and negativity isn’t productive. I disagree. If highlighting the inefficiency and lack of competence of our current Government causes a few people to hold them accountable next time we’re at the polls, then the negativity is all worth while.
Sometimes it’s good to address the elephant in the room, or in this case the monkey in the office.

Manager at the Wickaninish Inn in Tofino interviewed on Global news tonight hit the nail on the head.

Time to turn the temperature down....again....in this thread. Opinions and facts are welcome. Personal shots or innuendo directed at another member aren't. Oh, and while we are at it, another reminder that any political commentary that gets general in nature, and not specific to the pandemic topic, will be deleted immediately.

A correction, so nobody thinks I'm being unfairly critical: we are no longer in 38th place.

Since that front page came out, according to ourworldindata.org which is tracking vaccinations daily using official numbers from each country, we're actually down to 45th, I believe.

But to be fair to the National Post, and speaking as someone who used to be involved in publishing, that layout had to be set in stone quite a few hours ago. We can't expect them to keep up with our descent through the rankings. Hard to hit a target moving that fast.

A correction, so nobody thinks I'm being unfairly critical: we are no longer in 38th place.

Since that front page came out, according to ourworldindata.org which is tracking vaccinations daily using official numbers from each country, we're actually down to 45th, I believe.

But to be fair to the National Post, and speaking as someone who used to be involved in publishing, that layout had to be set in stone quite a few hours ago. We can't expect them to keep up with our descent through the rankings. Hard to hit a target moving that fast.
They'll need a center pull-out next time.

Deliveries of COVID-19 vaccine doses to Canada set to more than quadruple next week

Feb. 11, 2021
A month-long slowdown in Canada’s COVID-19 vaccine deliveries should end next week, with the single biggest shipment of vaccines from Pfizer and BioNTech to date.

Maj.-Gen. Dany Fortin, the military commander overseeing Canada’s vaccine distribution, says Pfizer has confirmed it will ship 400,000 doses to Canada starting Monday.

Deliveries of COVID-19 vaccine doses to Canada set to more than quadruple next week, and another 168,000 from Moderna.

But Moderna’s next shipment on Feb. 22 is only two-thirds of what it was supposed to be.

The company is struggling to ramp up production with its Swiss manufacturing partner Lonza.

A spokeswoman for Pfizer Canada says the upgrades to the company’s plant in Belgium are complete and production is back on track to meet Canada’s order for four million doses by the end of March.

https://www.abbynews.com/news/deliv...-canada-set-to-more-than-quadruple-next-week/

Interesting that in BC drugs are killing more people than COVID.
One would think that Canada should be able to walk and chew gum at the same time.
It appears that with the present leadership, Canada is unable to chew gum yet.

I haven’t followed this thread much but is anyone else concerned that by the time we get the vaccine to a level that makes a difference, the virus will have already mutated which would make our vaccine less effective or useless. I’m no scientist but it seems possible. Around and around we go.

.....is anyone else concerned that by the time we get the vaccine to a level that makes a difference, the virus will have already mutated which would make our vaccine less effective or useless.....
No because existing vaccines have already proved to be somewhat effective and they can be tweaked to be more so-the formulae aren't written in stone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back