All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I appreciate that it is important to not let political bias blind you, and that some people will step in dog crap at the park and blame Trudeau. But how can you defend him on his COVID response? Sorry for delving into politics, but Trudeaus COVID response has been nothing more than a failure. We have the highest unemployment in the G7, We’re behind most other developed nations in vaccinations, and most provinces are in their highest levels of restrictions since the pandemic started. We have this track record, while incurring the highest debt to GDP ratio of any other developed nation on the planet!
Again sorry for getting into politics but I feel this is important and needed to be said.
All true IMHO, but then there are those who have buried their heads in their buts and think that your data sources aren’t good enough and that the feds are still doing a great job of managing this pandemic! Not that it’s important what they think, but that’s an indicator of how remote the core thinking of this government is from what the average Joe’s day to day life in this country.

Way too easy to criticise him when he lies while pumping his own tires!

“There’s a lot of anxiety and there’s a lot of noise going on right now,” Trudeau said Friday. “That’s why I want to reassure Canadians that we are on track.”

Oddly enough, I don't find lying yet again to be all that "reassuring"...

Nog

Last edited:
I appreciate that it is important to not let political bias blind you, and that some people will step in dog crap at the park and blame Trudeau. But how can you defend him on his COVID response? Sorry for delving into politics, but Trudeaus COVID response has been nothing more than a failure. We have the highest unemployment in the G7, We’re behind most other developed nations in vaccinations, and most provinces are in their highest levels of restrictions since the pandemic started. We have this track record, while incurring the highest debt to GDP ratio of any other developed nation on the planet!
Again sorry for getting into politics but I feel this is important and needed to be said.
I'm not defending him on any of his economic performance, and I'm not going to comment on your claims as admin has asked us not to go there. I will make one observation, that so far that I have seen is, that not one suggestion that any of the other leaders could have brought one more dose here from either Pfiser or Moderna. If you are aware of one creditable suggestion then I'm open to change my mind. Till then IMHO it's seems more like politicians playing politics than anything else.

All true IMHO, but then there are those who have buried their heads in their buts and think that your data sources aren’t good enough and that the feds are still doing a great job of managing this pandemic! Not that it’s important what they think, but that’s an indicator of how remote the core thinking of this government is from what the average Joe’s day to day life in this country.
If this was meant for me then surely we can agree or disagree without making it personal don't you think?

... I will make one observation, that so far that I have seen is, that not one suggestion that any of the other leaders could have brought one more dose here from either Pfiser or Moderna.

Any who did not rely on a nonsensical deal with China, therefore putting themselves far back in the eventual line-up for the Pfiser or Moderna vaccines when that failed (and they had delayed getting into that line up due to reliance on China) would obviously be in a better position than we are today. So... anyone not so smitten with China would be your answer.

Nog

Any who did not rely on a nonsensical deal with China, therefore putting themselves far back in the eventual line-up for the Pfiser or Moderna vaccines when that failed (and they had delayed getting into that line up due to reliance on China) would obviously be in a better position than we are today. So... anyone not so smitten with China would be your answer.

Nog
https://www.macleans.ca/longforms/inside-canada-covid-19-vaccine-plan/

There has been more that has come out since then but if China is the best the opposition parties got then there is nothing I can say that will change your mind.

There has been more that has come out since then but if China is the best the opposition parties got then there is nothing I can say that will change your mind.

Not "the best" but a very clear example.
And you are correct, you (or anyone else for that matter) are entirely unlikely to change my mind on this matter.

Nog

I wish there were more ways to hold the drug companies accountable. Their actions have really screwed us.....Yes i know current governments bad.....yada yada. However, it is also pretty clear that we are just getting screwed by Moderna and Pfizer.

More death, more deficit: The dire consequences of Canada's botched vaccine procurement​

Girlfriend of a fella I work with is a nurse in Port Alberni. She hasn't had her jab and doesnt know when shes getting it. 55 500 doses injected in BC as of yesterday. Pretty **** poor if you ask me

this is crazy. The USA have vaccinated pretty much the quantity of the entire population of Canada. Meanwhile 2% of Canadians have had the shot. I don’t know if our government understood the value of paying whatever needed to be paid to get us higher up the list. Now we will bleed $1 billion dollars per day for likely an extra year to cover the cost of the lockdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back