Alberni sockeye

Yes, there are still socks to be caught. Wasn't out today. It wasn't too hard to get 20 per day (5 people on boat). I heard today was little slower but still limits being caught. I did all my fishing around China Creek, and saved the fuel by not going all the way to Nahmint. Black and pink hoochies and plain hooks. If the wind isn't too bad there is a good night bite also.

Talked to friend who is seasonal out at china creek and he was in at 8:00 with 7 fish. He was with the wife. Other fisherman were also doing good considering the commercial boats.

Just wondering what kind of shape the road into China Creek is in if anyone has driven it lately, heading up Friday.

we were there tues. the road to me was, pretty well as usual , but quite rutty and rockey in places, as we went home we passed the grader, which should improve it a little. I dont think you'l ever be able to say its smooth ,too many logging trucks pass over it. wash boards and hard head rocks. make sure you check your trailer etc. after you reach china creek.....

Hey Guys,
Thinking of heading over the hump this weekend, just curious if the fishing is still good? Will the little amount of rain in the forecast turn the bite off? Any info will be helpful. Thanks Guys!

Fished china creek from 5am to 730am, had one hit that made it into the boat, only saw one other fish netted, not a lot on the sounder, pulled up and ran outside , 2 coho, 2 springs off diploc. The commercial opening ended wends so it may take a few days to rebound for the sox.

Yup, pretty common catch experience...go get em.

How is it possible that you guys are still catching lots of sockeye with such a big gillnet and seine fleet fishing all week in the inlet with you...I'll tell you why. Hot weather. Remember this for the next time you hear people bitching about the commercial fleet and how they are screwing up things for the sporties

Back